Original topic:

Flash Messages

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 03:51 PM)
iamshahrushabh
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
So, I own a M51 and since yesterday I have seen some postsbregarding Flash Messages. I came to know that they aren't best for Super Amoled.

So my question is, I got a Flash Message and I was not near my phone, so it was on the screen for about 5-6 hrs. 

Can this one time thing be bad for the phone? Or the phone develops issues if it happens time and again?
4 Comments
Galaxy M
Nope, That won't really affect. It only affects if that happens regularly.
Galaxy M
There are software solutions too. Android Wear product manufacturers can enable the OS’s “burn protection” option. This mode periodically shifts the contents of the screen by a few pixels, so that they spend more equal time displaying different colors. Smartphones equipped with Always-On display technology employ a similar tactic. Google also suggests a selection of design guidelines tailored to avoid any screen burn-in problems when designing for OLED watches. The move towards geasture rather than on-screen navigation controls is also helping to alleviate one of the more noticable burn in areas.
At this stage, manufacturers are very aware of the potential issues and have already taken a number of intelligent steps to help avoid burn in. For starters, Samsung has been using its pentile subpixel arrangement (see above) in its AMOLED displays since the Galaxy S3. By making the blue subpixel larger, it requires less current to drive in order to provide the required light. Driving the LED with less current increases its lifespan, such that it takes longer for any noticeable color shift to occur.

This doesn’t directly address the issue of different parts of the screen aging at different rates, but it does mean that it will take significantly longer to notice than with older or cheaper OLED panels. More expensive and modern OLED panels are built with longer-lasting LEDs and well-designed layouts, meaning flagship smartphone displays age slower.

from Android Central.
0 Likes
deepak5653
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Nope
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes