Original topic:

Charging time increased dramatically from 3 hrs to 17 hrs after android 10 update.

(Topic created on: 05-27-2020 10:01 PM)
Jack15
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Pathetic update by Samsung. Samsung galaxy m30s charging time now increased to 16 hrs. In previous days it used to take 10-13 hrs. Now charging time is increasing day by day. None of solution works provided by Samsung customer care. I am using original charger and cable. I am charging in a Cool place. It still doesn't charge quickly. Fast charging also enabled. How to solve this issue?. Shame on you Samsung. Samsung is cheating poor customers. How to downgrade to android 9?

Screenshot_20200527-214901_Device care.jpg

16 Comments
Galaxy M
Seems epic. But no worries. Check whether if your phone charged within 3 hours. If not, take it to the Samsung service center.
Jack15
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Hi. But none of solution works on this phone. Let me tell you shocking thing about this phone. One evening its battery was very low around 5 %., (actually phone take too much time to charge.. So I usually unplug the charger after 5-6 hrs. In this period only 30-40% charge is obtained). After using its battery becomes very low. So I plugged it to charger when battery was 5%.(I switched off the phone also). After overnight charging I saw something horrible. Phone didn't even charge to 1%. There is something wrong with the android 10 provided by Samsung. 

0 Likes
Galaxy M
Was that occurred after the Android 10 update?
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Fast charging is grayed out. That is the problem. Mine shows blue in colour and enabled.
Jack15
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Yes that's what I was thinking. Before android 10, phone used to get charged in 2.5 to 3 hrs. And fast charging was not greyed out. Now I don't have any control in fast charging settings. 

0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
The only option you have is factory resetting once. Try it but you'll lose all data. So make a backup first.
0 Likes
ADKT
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Factory data reset will not work. I have tried it and it didn't worked for me. Will ask you not to do it.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Fast charging is grayed out because the phone is currently charging.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
it's showing you the estimate time but it shouldn't show like tht, does it really take 16 hours to full charge ?
0 Likes