Original topic:

Charging stopped all of a sudden

(Topic created on: 06-05-2024 11:57 PM)
kamriten
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
So this incident is quite random. One day I woke up and suddenly my phone stopped charging on the original charger and cable I thought it was charger issue so I started charging with others charger but I found my charger could charge other devices and even fast charge other samsung phones. But my phone was not charging with any samsung chargers thus I thought there might be an issue with pcb.
Today I just went and changed the pcb but I saw that this problem remained now I took another usb and the issue is somewhat fixed but the fast charging still don't work. So what should be done now.
EDIT: several users are complaining that there samsung with latest software has stopped charging and or dropping charging.
Samsung please address the issue and fix it.
6 Comments
chandanj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Had to restart my phone twice to get it to charge. This is after the update. Also Android auto is very buggy
0 Likes
kamriten
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Only restart works? I did it but still fast charging never came back
0 Likes
chandanj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Left it on charge for a couple of seconds and it came back. So not sure. But my phone was extremely warm to hold
0 Likes
Umangmathur
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Try factory resetting your device
0 Likes
kamriten
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It fix the issue? I don't think so
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue. However, we are taking your valuable feedback regarding this.

Galaxy device slow charging issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do-i-fix...

Kindly follow the standard charging procedure. i.e. please charge the device in switched-off condition for 10 minutes.

Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
Turn off unused functions like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and location settings when not using them: On the home screen swipe down the notification panel > Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity features when not using them.

Kindly check if ''Multiple applications'' are running in the background of the device.

When running multiple applications, the processor processes more tasks and as a result, additional heat is released from the device. This happens with most electronic devices (even computers/laptops), including the devices of other manufacturers. Close all the background running apps when not using them.

Avoid usage of mobile phones during charging. Usage of the mobile phone when charging may cause slow charging issues. So we recommend you avoid the usage of the mobile phone while charging.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, kindly report the problems with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes