Original topic:

App customization

(Topic created on: 01-16-2021 11:14 PM)
Galaxiann
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Hi this is Rishi here a Galaxy M30s user,
today I'm going to share a very interesting point of some of the drawbacks of one UI 2.0(as 2.1 and 2.5 stable updates are still to be released)

As we all know that one UI is a very famous skin and also one of the most user friendly one too. But the thing that I've noticed is that it dies not allow you to disable applications like phone , messages, calendar etc which are some of the preinstalled applications.

Now I'm sure the next question what arises in your mind will be, why would anyone disable these applications?????

The answer is quiet simple my friends.
There are many advantages of disabling the preinstalled Samsung apps and start using the google based applications like google phone , google messages , google keep(notes).
Here are some few advantages of these:
1: Some of them are lighter
2: They may give you a stock android feel
3: If you are a guy who has same gmail account on your different devices(tab, other phone) which are non Samsung devices then it always a hectic job to manage and keep all your devices up to date with your latest feed information such as your newly added contacts or your important messages.
So using these google based apps you need not worry for the same as they automatically will get synced with all your devices keeping you up to date with all of your personal data.

Although you have a option to hide the default apps but still if feels odd and uneasy to have many calling and messaging applications that use your phones ram and space too.

So I personally feel that giving the option to disable the preinstalled applications such as phone, messages and switching over to google apps will be a huge time saver as they do it all for you.

In all of these following images it is clearly been noticed that the disable function is not available.

7 Comments
siddartha73
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
then u can switch to pixel😂😂😂
Galaxiann
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Here are some if the disadvantages of switching over to pixel:

Very expensive for its features

Not a Dual SIM supportive phone.

No FM Radio support.

Has only limited Service centers in India.

Battery Capacity need to improve.

0 Likes
Galaxy M
Even if you disable those apps, they will continue to eat up storage. If you want to Uninstaller these apps, use ADB, but at your own risk.
Galaxiann
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
That's very true, but I don't refer ADB.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Then I'm sorry I cannot help you.
0 Likes
Galaxiann
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
No problem it's absolutely fine.
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Do you know, you can install samsung pay mini on your m30s,
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/Samsung-pay-mini-on-any-phone/td-p/8916567
0 Likes