sunnu
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
since I have update my samsung J7 prime mob.
marsmellow to nougat charging capacity is to bad..
only 50% charge in 3 hrs.
what can I do.?
plz help me..
0 Likes
4 Comments
RS0203
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
I have same problem on my Samsung galaxy on nxt & also sent error report to Samsung but still no reply from company side.
Samsung is very bad in software service. they give late updates & problem never solve quickly. very very bad Samsung.
sunnu
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
yes
300% true
0 Likes
chinnuganeshgani1234
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
I have same problem on my Samsung galaxy j7 prime & also sent error report to Samsung but still no reply from company side.
Samsung is very bad in software service. they give late updates & problem never solve quickly. very very bad Samsung.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy J
Thanks for query. We would like to inform you that this handset is enriched with most powerful features.Kindly follow below mentioned steps to overcome the issue:
1) We recommend you to charge your handset with original wall charger that came with your handset sales pack.
2) Check whether UPS mode Or PS mode Activated.(if yes Deactivate it during charging).
3) Kindly clean the charging point of your charger and battery with a dry and soft cotton cloth to remove unwanted accumulation of dust/waste material.
4) Kindly follow the standered charging procedure ( Charge your device for 150 minutes on switch off mode)
0 Likes