Original topic:

GALAXY J8 (NOT SO SATISFIED WITH THE MONEY SPENT)

(Topic created on: 01-15-2019 07:14 PM)
SAVITA1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
I just bought SAMSUNG GALAXY J8 INFINITY.
WORTH 17k. BUT THINGS THEY ARE GIVING IS NOT WORTH PHONE'S PRICE. THEY ARE GIVING QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON 450  which is not fare for such price point..
They should atleast give snapdragon 626/636 atleast. (it would be heaven if it comes with 660AIE). Camera is pretty good but not best in class Note: mi a2 have much better camera at the same price point (or even less). They should give slomo of 120fps. There is no dual volte. DUAL CAMERA QUALITY IS NOT WORTH IT AS THIS PHONE COMES WITH 16+5 MP REAR SHOOTERS WITH f1.7 aperture TO BE HONEST SELFIE CAMERA IS DAMN GOOD (except some low light issues).. night mode is not good.. There was a lot of noise in photos shot in low light but THEY HAVE RELEASED AN UPDATE IN SEPTEMBER (or October) MONTH which reduced the noise of photos and now photos are much better than earlier. THEY HAVE ALSO ADDED AR EMOJI FEATURE IN CAMERA APP WHICH IS GOOD.

NOW I AM DIVIDING MY OPINIONS IN PROS AND CONS: 
(hope Samsung will take my comment and will fix these problems soon )
All problems mentioned below can be fixed with OTA update.
PROS:
1. Good ram management.
2. Excellent battery life.
3. TOUCHWIZ is good enough.
4. Good selfie camera.
5. Good design.
6. Speaker is super loud.
7. Display is appealing (
though it is HD+ 720p panel only).
8. Updates are not slow. (Not fastest too).

CONS: 
1. Average rear camera. 
2. No Bixby support. (as mentioned on the box).
3. Some noise in low light photos.
4. No dual VOLTE. 
5. No slo mo video option.(atleast 120fps should be there.)
6. FINGERPRINT SENSOR AND FACE UNLOCK IS TOO SLOW .
7. Connectivity is not so good. (May be due to plastic body which can't be improved by software.)
8. NO ANDROID PIE TILL JANUARY 2019.

Overall ratings (my opinion)

6/10 (average)

I KNOW SAMSUNG IS A WELL RENOWNED BRAND IN WORLD OF SMART PHONES AND LISTENS TO IT'S CUSTOMERS . THEY WILL REVIEW MY OPINION AND PUSH UPDATES TO IMPROVE THESE VERY SOON. 
THANKING YOU.

REGARDS:
SAVITA KUMARI

7 Comments
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy J
right
SamsungJ8user
Active Level 7
Galaxy J
yes
0 Likes
iamSouvik
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
You are such a dumb person.
There is dual voLTE support and except S9 and Note 9 no other device will get it until Feb.What are you gonna do with your J8 then?
You are complaining like you have spent 30 grands for your cellphone and demanding features which is far beyond the level.
You need to understand that this is The J series and you can't demand features of S series in your phone.
In case you didn't know,keeping the processor stuff aside,the plastic body is somewhat best for connectivity.There are so many things I would like to insert in your dumba** little mind...
YOU ONLY SPENT 17K AND THIS IS THE BEST PHONE OF J SERIES DAMMIT.
SAVITA1
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Hey mr Souvik FIRST OF ALL Mind Your own business.
And we guys have right to demand best for the money spent. And first increase your knowledge, glass body is best for connectivity. And Dude 17k is a huge amount. You can't just throw it on the road. And I humbly want to say you that please mind your language, Go and learn manners first. And yeah I don't want the features of S series in J series. I just want a pure value for money.?? I am also using galaxy note 8 but due to some reasons I have to use 2 phones. SO MIND IT.
0 Likes
Jishnudeep
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
But J8 has Dual voLTE support .
0 Likes
iamSouvik
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
Honey,Believe me I know things more than you can imagine.And BTW,Shouldn't you expand your knowledge? It's not TOUCHWIZ anymore,our latest devices are running on S Experience 9.0.
Yes,Galaxy J8 got issues.But there's no phone in the world which is gonna fully satisfy you.Even Iphone XS Max got big problems.And I won't throw 17000 on street but you should know that It's not Xiomi or Honor,Samsung is the 2nd leading Smartphone brand in the World.They have their expenses and if you come to relate 'Other' brands in this price with Samsung,I would say you should have purchased that.
0 Likes
ठ_क_र
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy J
But bro as per my experience ..plastic body is an issue . I am using cover yet i m getting scratches on backside..