Original topic:

Samsung Limiting Productivity? F14 5G review

(Topic created on: 01-11-2024 05:12 AM)
JithuMohan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy F
Some features or lack there of on Samsung F14 5G is so limiting compared to other mobile brands like Mi,Vivo etc {Screenshot attached are of a Poco M3 4G model}

1)The App screen

Other Brands - You have the option to select, if you want a continuous vertical scrolling or sliding left or right horizontally to find your favorite app.Have the option to click on A-Z(in vertical mode) alphabet displayed on the edge for a quick finding of the ap based on the apps name.

Samsung - Stuck with only left or right only sliding 

2)Screen recording 

Samsung - No inbuilt screen recorder. Have ro use 3rd party app from Playstore 

Other Brands - Available even on the most cheapest model

3)Notification 

Samsung - you don't have the option to set ringtones or tones longer than 2 seconds to be set as notification sound 

Other Brands - you can set ringtone or sounds that are more than 2 second as your message or other notification sound.

Benefits of this is it can capture your attention a lot better compared to a beep sound, like you are sleeping and an important notification on an app comes, with beep you won't even know while with a longer notification you are sure to get up to see what all the sound is about.

4)Click widget - Access full clock settings from a widget 

Samsung - 4x1 Duel clock widget means no access to all clock functions like access to alarm settings or timer or dual clock by clicking on the widget.

Other Brands- You can click on thr 4x1 weather and clock widget to access all clock functionalities at a fingertip

5) Calculator 

Samsung - No access to accounting features like checking EMI or calculating loan interest etc or important calculator functions. Only limited feature available

Other Brands - All features available

Now you know why I regret buying a Samsung device.
12 Comments
GM1990
Active Level 4
Galaxy F
Oh really!!! Mentions some positive to love samsung also
0 Likes
Kuldipindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy F
Brother samsung is unique. One ui is the best ui among android world. People having other company phones wants features like samsung. Samsung is perfect for us. If You want your own desired features then you can buy chinese phones. You can also try or use original S series and see what a level of customization in samsung.
0 Likes
JithuMohan
Active Level 1
Galaxy F
Do you have screen recording on your F14 5G??

Well I don't, a basic features that is available in any phone these days... What about the notification stuff i wrote about..

Thers are positives about Samsung,not saying there isn't but..basic functions like described above makes the UX better.
0 Likes
Kuldipindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy F
Yes i have samsung screen recorder in my phone but I dont have F14. I always prefer and use S series for very good features and customization.horizontal scrolling looks richer than Vertical scrolling like as iphone.1704934470400.jpg
0 Likes
JithuMohan
Active Level 1
Galaxy F
Well I don't, thats the problem.. Not getting a basic features on 13 to 14K phone is crappie...As i mentioned this is a common feature available from top end to the basic models in the market.

You should try out some of the above mentioned features or face the issue to understand how it affects user experience.
0 Likes
Kuldipindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy F
Lets hope ...may be you can get these features in one ui 6.1
0 Likes
Decepticon
Active Level 8
Galaxy F
Yes
0 Likes
Decepticon