Original topic:

Install previous ROM on samsung F41

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
J271
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy F

Hello Samsung

I already shared that my Samsung mobile is giving restart issues after providing F415FXXS3CXD1 / F415F0DM3CXD1 / F415FDDS3CXD1 (183.27 MB : Security patch level April 1, 2024).

Please tell me where can i find ROM for earlier security patch and what steps can i do to revert this patch?

It can't wait as the device can't be used.

12 Comments
Livealone
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
Kindly do a factory reset, no need to install the previous rom. Which is not a easy task for you to do at home.
0 Likes
J271
Active Level 3
Galaxy F

Factory reset solves the issue with restart of phones?

Besides, I want to give it a try to  install previous ROM. It is high time to learn it as OEMs become unresponsible to provide a bug free product.

0 Likes
Livealone
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
Yes, factory reset will solve the issue.

And for your other query:

1st you will get only 3rd party rom as a previous version of your need.
2nd that rom may not work properly on your mobile.
3rd your mobile will never be like the one you had previously.

But, if you still want give it a try, then Search the rom of previous versions in XDA forum, you will get it there. Try at your own risk.

For now, please accept my post as the solution of your query by clicking on the 3 dots on the right side of my post.

Thanks and warm regards.
0 Likes
J271
Active Level 3
Galaxy F

I recollect Lenovo was able to send us the older update if we give them IMEI number or something like that. Or hotfix. Why is samsung not able to give it? 

Any idea how to do reset ? somewhere in settings?

0 Likes
Livealone
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
Samsung don't have such option to rollback the updates.

Kindly go to Settings and search for Reset, and there you will find the factory data reset option. Just click on that and follow the steps to reset it.
0 Likes
J271
Active Level 3
Galaxy F

FACTORY RESET did NOT solve this problem :( 

I wasted all this time.

Livealone
Active Level 9
Galaxy F
The cold shutdown may fix this, kindly keep your mobile turned off for at least 30 min.
Then check out the issue.
0 Likes
J271
Active Level 3
Galaxy F
I did cold shutdown. As a developer, I don't know how could it fix an issue that came after the security update. Let me know if you've any other idea like putting phone in a deep freeze shutdown in the refrigerator or if I must spray paracetamol on the phone. We'll do everything but not read the logs I'm sending.
0 Likes
J271
Active Level 3
Galaxy F

@Livealone Are you from samsung? Factory Reset did not solve this issue. It still hangs and restarts. You made me do all this for nothing! 

If you're just guessing, you must say you're guessing than to express confidence in your solution.

0 Likes