mistermagoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

My Samsung A32 5G all of a sudden reset itself and then said to "Try again after 1440 minutes".  I've tried to boot into safe mode - that doesn't work.  I can't log into my original samsung account because I've got 2FA set up , which I can see now was a very very big mistake.  So ...

a) If I can't boot into safe mode, what do I do next?

b) Should I send this phone back: I have until a week Wednesday to return it to Amazon ...?

c) Just a comment: if you are going to use 2FA, use another phone number, not the one on the phone, since if the phone crashes ... you won't be able to do anything that involves 2FA with the phone's phone number ...

Looking forward to helpful suggestions regarding phone reset / repair  / return ..

Regards,

A disgruntled user ...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Harsha0519
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
See if you can hard reset the phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
Unmesh98
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy A
I think if 2fa is the problem then remove your sim card and insert it in another phone and connect your phone to a WiFi and then proceed.
mistermagoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Thanks for responding.  I tried that, but the phone blocks the attempt as it displays "Try again in 1322 minutes".  Look like I'll have to wait 24 hours so that this lockout expires.  Why it locked up mystifies me ... 

M Magoo

Unmesh98
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy A
Sorry hearing that 😔
0 Likes
mistermagoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Well, I got it into safe mode using some informaiton at hardreset.info.  However, despite it going into safe mode, it is still locked.  I can get into the "settings" screen, but any attempt to access media or devices is blocked by the lock.  It is in airplane mode, and connected to the wireless.  However, it looks like I can't do anything with the wireless - there is no access to a browser, and the "Contact Us" item in the menu I can access doesn't work.

M. Magoo

0 Likes
VigneshRSunilj7
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Send it back to amazon and buy from samsung showroom
0 Likes
Samsung_vZ2KvfZ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

was every thing normal after that?or did you looses all your data after  that 1440 min over?

0 Likes
Solution
Harsha0519
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
See if you can hard reset the phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
mistermagoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi folks,

I found a solution to this issue, but it means resetting the phone.  Instructions are at hardreset.info.  Note: one thing NOT mentioned in the article is that you must have your google account that you used to set up the phone, along with the Samsung account info.  This includes the PIN you recorded with Samsung when you started up your phone.  So, as long as you have your (a) Google account and password used when you got the phone set up, (b) your Samsung account information and (c) your PIN , you should be able to wipe the data from the phone and get it going again.  If you don't have this information handy, wait until you have it all in front of you.  It goes without saying that YMMV, and you could brick your phone if you use the wrong info.

The google account that you used has the backup data for your phone. Sometime when you first set up the phone, you used this account to back up your phone.  I didn't think much of this step, but now I can see that this is a critical step in your phone set up.  Do it and record it and put the information in a safe place.

The Samsung account also has information that you need, such as the PIN or pattern or whatever you used to secure your phone.  Make sure that you have set this up as well. Even if you didn't do it when you got the phone, you can still do it now.

Good luck and good night!

M. Magoo