Original topic:

Will Samsung A33, A53 & A73 get AOD through OTA anytime soon?

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 02:45 PM)
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, is there a reason why AOD is not supported on the latest A series (a33, A53 & A73)? Or if it is supported, will we get an update anytime soon that let us use AOD natively?

Currently all phones before this version support AOD(m52, A52, a32 etc.) I upgraded from M31 to A33. Honestly, I'm a little sad to see the non existent AOD on a phone with such excellent features. 

If AOD can't be implemented on these models, atleast can we have the finger print icon(AOD) on the screen fixed to display all the time? (It's showing sometimes and goes blank the rest of the time. But works when the finger is placed in that position even when it is blank. It's a feedback issue.) I hope this gets fixed in the upcoming updates. 

Peace out✌️

Edit: Figured only A33 doesn't have AOD. A73 and a53 have AOD.

Jiktz
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
From Samsung
0 Likes
Jiktz
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Everyone fight for the aod till the aod update....
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same reply for me too
0 Likes
rocks1997
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Please provide aod update in a33 asap
0 Likes
Galaxy A
A73 5g i have AOD
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same,

We have noted down the feedback related to this feature in the Samsung model. We are continuously working for making our products better and more efficient.

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
kielbasa
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Samsung, please stop deceving us by giving misleading answers. You could just say 'yes, it will get' or 'no, it will not get it'. Otherwise both of us are wasting time. Me personally would like to know if I can buy it and wait for the upgrade, or I'm forced to get another model.

There has to be a reason for this, but Samsung is being unclear on this matter. Same with Xiaomi - Redmi note 11/11pro don't support AOD either whereas Mi 11/12 do. All of them have amoled panels and noone knows the reason.

0 Likes
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It's better you consider A33 has no AOD. Samsung A32s seems good though with a nice processor also. My A33's cpu is not that great
0 Likes
kochattu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
It is quite disappointing to see that there is no aod in a 33. Hope Samsung will rectify this in the next upgrade.
0 Likes
kielbasa
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

TBH, I doubt it. They released this model without AOD intentionally....so why would they want to change it in the next update ? I hope I'm wrong.