Original topic:

Urgent: A73 5G Phone Issues After Android 14 and One UI 6.0 Update

(Topic created on: 01-20-2024 01:54 PM)
Krishna1981
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Team,

I am writing to report two critical issues that have emerged on my Samsung Galaxy A73 5G (256GB) following the recent update to Android 14 and One UI 6.0.

1. Call Screen Freezing and Unresponsiveness:

• Since the update, my phone freezes and the screen goes blank whenever I receive a call.
  • No options to answer or reject the call are displayed.
  • To access the call options, I have to press the power button to turn off the screen and then press it again, which allows me to swipe on the "Receive" button in the background.
  • However, the main incoming call screen with the buttons remains frozen on the display.

2. Significant Decline in Image Quality:

• Photo and video capture quality has noticeably degraded after the update.
  • Images are no longer as sharp or clear, especially when taken in motion.
  • Moving objects appear blurred and unstable.

These issues are extremely concerning, particularly the call screen freezing, as they significantly impact my phone's usability and functionality. I purchased the A73 specifically for its camera capabilities and am greatly disappointed by the sudden drop in image quality.

I urge you to investigate these problems and provide a prompt resolution. Reverting to the previous image quality would be essential to restore the phone's intended performance.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to a prompt and satisfactory solution.

7 Comments
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Your's most welcome to here.
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Reset factory data with backup then try to it's again. Also complaint to Samsung customer support through Samsung Members App as error report also send log files Along with this error report for this issue. Thanks.
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Galaxy device hanging issue:
Check space availability
Kindly check the space on your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Storage
To improve the device performance there should be sufficient space.

Kindly check the RAM in your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Memory
The device's RAM should be free to improve performance. So clear the RAM memory once a day

Clear app cache through Device care:
Settings > Device care > Storage > CLEAN NOW.

Note: To delete files or uninstall apps that you do not use anymore, select a category under USER DATA. Then, tick items to select and tap DELETE or UNINSTALL.

The clear cache memory of a particular application:
Settings > Apps > Now pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory > Storage > Clear Cache.

Close Background Apps: Too many applications running in the background may cause the device to hang. Kindly close the background running applications on the device.

Kindly uninstall that application by following the below steps and check once as the issue might occur due to third-party applications: Settings> Apps> third-party application from Apps> Uninstall.

if you are using a memory card, we would like to inform you memory card device performance will be slow, so if you are using the memory card in your device. I will advise you to safely remove it from your device. For this follow the below steps:

Step 1: Before removing the memory card, first, unmount it for safe removal.
On the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Device maintenance > Storage > More option > Storage settings > SD card > Unmount. Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray
Note: Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.

Step2: Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.

Step 3: Remove the memory card.

Step 4: Insert the tray back into the tray slot.

Note: Please ensure that the memory card is not removed while the device is transferring or accessing information. Doing so can cause data to be lost or corrupted or damage to the memory card or device. Samsung is not responsible for losses that result from the misuse of damaged memory cards, including the loss of data.

Kindly remove third-party accessories( Not provided by Samsung) Accessories, (Like a charger, USB Cables'' etc.) devices might also hang.

"Power saving mode'' limits the performance of the device. So we recommend disabling the Power Saving mode in your device.

Galaxy device camera quality issue:
Reset the camera settings: Home screen tap on Camera>Settings>Reset settings>Reset.
Clear camera application data: Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear Data
Check app cache: Settings > Apps > Camera> Storage > Clear Cache.

Check your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/safe-mode-on-samsung-phones/

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

If the issue persists kindly report the problems with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Krishna1981
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Dear Support Team,

Thank you for your reply. But that is not the case. I have enough storage in my phone and RAM. And there is no damage or scratch on the camera. Before upgrading the latest Android version and One UI 6.0 everything was working fine.

So kindly test at your level and provide the proper solution. I think this One UI 6.0 version has released in hurry and without proper testing. And camera quality purposefully decrease, so that photography lover customer will forced to purchase new launched phone.
Master22
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Yes I am also facing these problems after updating to android 14
sonudevia
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes aj ye mere saath bhi hua hai bhai
108Rahul
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
A73 5g not showing android 14