Original topic:

USB TYPE-C Earphone isn't working

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 02:19 PM)
Th02
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
The USB TYPE-C earphone that I got with Samsung Galaxy A80 is not working. When I connect it to the phone the sound comes out via the earphone for some time and then it stops and then it comes out through the phone's speaker, and the whole thing keeps on repeating. 

Also a message saying device connected/disconnected keeps showing in the notification panel. Along with that a message saying "Samsung USB-C headset checking firmware version" keeps displaying in the notification panel.

In fact, even while writing this post the sound kept coming out of the earphone for a few seconds and then through the phone's speaker and back and forth.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? I am quite flustered as this problem arises last night and since this phone doesn't have a headphone Jack, I don't know if there's a problem in the headset or in the Type-C Jack.
2 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and we request you kindly visit service center as your "earphone" needs physical inspection. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vlewis
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Go to Settings > Apps > Click on those 3 Dots on right top conner> 

▶️special access ▶️optimize battery▶️ usage  ▶️ all ▶️ USBSettings ▶️ turn it off.

Try the above solution it might work. i had the same problem as you mentioned and this worked for me.

0 Likes