Original topic:

Thinking about switching to nord

(Topic created on: 07-22-2020 01:12 AM)
NivedPK
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I am using A50 currently and after the latest update the phone just restarts ,  Was thinking about going for A51 but  One plus nord seems interesting. 
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
I again state that I'm loving my Samsung phone and on my recommendation my mother also bought Samsung M30s for herself. Samsung phones are quite pleasing for media consumption but I think they should seriously think about caring for the Gaming segment people and try and attract them as soon as possible
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
It's no mystery that Chinese phones are far ahead in Performance Price ratio for gaming enthusiasts
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
we can't blame Chinese Mobiles they have so aggressive marketing with so many new innovations and use of latest processors in their new introductions. Because of them we can see so many changes in mobile industry. Today Xiaomi is no.1 mobile and TV company how. Can you say by Using Samsung your data is safe. once you are in the internet nothing is safe.
0 Likes
NivedPK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
if you are concerned about privacy , the amount of data Facebook and Google collects is immense. Why am I forced to use Facebook in Samsung devices !
0 Likes
NivedPK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I loved this phone . The UI is hands down the best in the industry ,but if the phone breaks after 1 year why should i opt for this .That said, if it can be fixed , I am happy to continue with my A50 ! I don't play games much in my phone too.
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Hiw you usually update your device?
0 Likes
NivedPK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
OTA updates . After this issue I went to service centre and had it flashed . if the recommended way for updating is using smart switch or using Odin, it should be written in the documentation. As an end user how will I know that i shouldn't update it via OTA as it could brick my device
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
OTA updates makes problems only when there is problem in network. That's why while updating it prompts to use WiFi.

I have been using My A50 for 10 months and i haven't encountered such problems.

Nord is promising to buy.
Take these things to consider.
The base model is 6+64 with no SD card slot
There is no headphone jack
NivedPK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
That's a bummer. Will have to spend an extra 5k for buds . A51 costs around the same .if I am going for an upgrade I will be choosing A51 but the software issue is making me to reconsider
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah. And A51 base is 6+128 + sd support too
0 Likes