Original topic:

Samsung working on a fix for WhatsApp Dual Messenger file sharing issue

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 01:20 PM)
MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A

Samsung’s Dual Messenger feature allows users to install two separate instances of popular instant messaging apps. This allows users to have two different Snapchat or WhatsApp accounts on the same phone. However, some users have been facing issues while using WhatsApp in the Dual Messenger mode, and Samsung is planning to fix those issues.

Galaxy smartphone users have been facing an issue where they are unable to send files saved on the phone via WhatsApp in the Dual Messenger mode. Moreover, users are unable to open files received via WhatsApp. This problem is present on WhatsApp version 2.21.10.16 (or later). Samsung has announced via its forum that it will fix this issue with a software update in the future.

Until then, Samsung recommends sending files by opening the Gallery or My Files app, selecting the files, and sharing them via WhatsApp’s second instance. To open files received on WhatsApp, the South Korean firm recommends forwarding them to your first WhatsApp account and opening them from there. Samsung had introduced the Dual Messenger feature four years ago.

Are you facing this issue on your Galaxy device while using WhatsApp in Dual Messenger mode? Let us know in the comments section below.

This Article From Sammobile

19 Comments
Galaxy A
I can't forward them to my first WhatsApp account.
0 Likes
MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
No problem 😊
0 Likes
Lucaodbeke
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the problem on s21. Hopefully it can be fixed soon, can anyone tell me what status is and how long it's going to take to get it fixed? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Please describe your issue?
0 Likes
Lucaodbeke
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have problems regarding sending and receiving media files in the WhatsApp dual messenger app, text messages works fine. 

MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Please use WhatsApp Business application you will get back media files and enjoy 😉
0 Likes
samsungms5
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Yes have just purchased Samsung M52 5G and same issue still there. In Dual messenger- whatsapp media doesn't download. Even backup restore doesn't happen in dual Messenger-

MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Meanwhile, please use WhatsApp Business application you will get back media files and enjoy 😉.

Samsung team is working on it to fix this issue
0 Likes
KP1487
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes I am also facing this issue on my A52s, which was bought 3 weeks back.
MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Meanwhile, please use WhatsApp Business application you will get back media files and enjoy 😉.