Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A54

(Topic created on: 05-23-2023 11:19 PM)
Beeno01
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi all

I am currently thinking about getting the Samsung A54 on contract from either MTN or Telkom. However I am undecided, can someone please advise if this is a good phone in terms of storage, camera, device size and screen size and battery etc. As I also do photography, I require a nice camera and battery life. Please advise asap.

Also, will I get the buds free if I add the galaxy watch4

Note: I currently have the A50 from 2019. So will the A54 be a good upgrade since there is no stock of A73 anyone on contract. 

14 Comments
Beeno01
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Everywhere keeps saying that there is no more A73 or its not as good as A54. Please advise
0 Likes
Jared_12
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Howzit, so upgrading to the A54 would be alright as it is probably the best A model on market. If you are looking for a good camera then of course I have to bring up the S23 Ultra. I do photography as a part time (not an instagram photographer a genuine one). I use the S23 ultra as my camera, it is actually as good if not better than my Canon and even my Sony. Obviously it is very expensive... so depends on your budget. But seriously I can't reccomend it enough. I grabbed mine from MTN. I belive you can also grab the watch 5 and buds 2 pro with it right now. Also check takealot sometimes specials pop up for it. If the S23 Ultra is out of dubge it sub model the S22 Ultra is also solid. Hole this helps.
0 Likes
Beeno01
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks

The S22 and 23 are abit out of budget range and therefore was looking to get the A series.

Wanted the a73, but all stores are saying it's stopped and that I should take the a54.
Is the a54 a good enough phone to help with my requirements or should I keep looking for the a73 (that came out last year).
0 Likes
Beeno01
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm using the a50 at the moment, will it be worth to upgrade to the 54. Looking to get a new device soon
0 Likes
Jared_12
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Ok, thr A54 has a solid build if you are looking for an upgrade you should do it not with the getting of a watch and buds too.
0 Likes
Beeno01
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
So if I get the 54 and add the watch 4, will I get the buds free as well on contract?
0 Likes
Jared_12
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Most likely yes. I suggest you buy the unit in person and have the consultant you buy it from confirm.
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
It is good enough for photography, it's not only just about the camera but your skill level as well.
0 Likes
FYTA
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
The a54 wil be a major upgrade from the a50 so yes its a great choice i have the a34 5g and its a pretty good phone and i believe its gonna become an even a better phone in future updates
0 Likes