Original topic:

Galaxy A50s restart issue- Possible solution(worked for me)

(Topic created on: 10-26-2021 06:29 PM)
aditya_g01
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the restart problem has been fixed on my A50s phone and wanted to share with you guys, so that you can save your Rs 9000.

As we all know the A50s and other phones with Exynos 9611 have been plagued with the restart issue. Similar thing happened to me after the August 2021 update. For sure I knew, that this was not a hardware problem and it was something to do with the software update. So here was what I did.

Went to the service centre and told him about the issue. Even without checking my phone, he replied that motherboard needs to be changed. I asked him how could he be so sure. He says most of them are coming here with the same issue. This looks like some kind of planned fraud by the Samsung. Later I asked him to show me what was the issue in the motherboard and asked him to test it infront of me, he was reluctant to do it. The reason he gave was they did not have the expertise to do it. I knew, they wont do it, so I asked him to flash android 10 and give it to me. He said that it couldnt be done and only Android 11 could be flashed. When I started asking questions like, why cant you do it, since the bootloader version is the same and all, a senior  employee heard it and told me that he would flash the Android 10 and give me. 

Its been a week since I have been using it on Android 10 and no issues are seen. The reboot issue is also gone. The samusng have not done their development work properly and asking users to replace motherboard for their fault. So my suggestion would be please downgrade to Android 10 and check if the issue is present, before changing the motherboard.

Solution 2 :If the service center guy does not downgrade your phone OS to Android 10(Try at ur own risk, I'm not responsible. Take backup of data before proceeding):

Check the bootloader version of your phone(should be 5 for Indian phones, confirm once before proceeding)

[Guide] How to Read Firmware Information - Samsung Members

Download the Android 10 firmware, check the bootloader version before downloading, you cannot flash firmware with different bootloader version.(Download the firmware for proper model no)

Download Samsung Galaxy A50s SM-A507FN INS India firmware (sammobile.com)

Follow the below steps to downgrade.

Downgrade Samsung from Android 11 to Android 10 (OneUI 3.0 to 2.0/2.5) (droidwin.com)

I hope this post could be of help to you.

Follow the below steps

5 Comments
Popyns
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes i also thought it might be a software problem because it started after last security update.
0 Likes
Harmu
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Solved restart issue after SW update. There something must be software bug.
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
https://youtu.be/5z-3Nc3a1Rk
Watch this video and send mail as instructed
0 Likes
SathishA50s
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I'm also a50s user... but I changed my device motherboard 2 times within 2 years... the only good news is my device still in warranty period .. please don't buy samsung midrange smartphones🙏
0 Likes
maheshb13
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Can I do this even if my phone isn't switching on? It got stuck on Samsung Logo

0 Likes