Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Frustrating major bugs in One UI 6.1

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
shoaibsaikat
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
One UI 6 and 6.1 is so badly designed. Recently Samsung has become very lazy and bad in their software department and it shows in the sales. I'm facing several issues in one ui 6 and after updating to 6.1 same issues persist. For example if someone calls me in WhatsApp and then in mobile SIM using phone dialer, then phone touch and fingerprint sensor stops working. I can't even turn off the phone. Previously phone could be turned off by holding power button several seconds, but now it can't be done. So I've to connect OTG mouse to phone and turn it off using that. If it happens outside home then I've no way but to get back home and use OTG mouse. It's so frustrating. I've sent bug reports several times but I think developer are busy napping, so they did not fix the bug. Similarly last week alarm suddenly stopped working in do not disturb mode, after restart it gets fixed, I've also sent bug report for it, but I think developer will be busy napping again and don't think they will fix the bug. And here Samsung is competing against Apple, where they can't even make their basic functions work correctly. I've sent these bug reports in Samsung members several times but all they give is some generic reply which are nonsense reply (I am a software developer for android myself, so I know). 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ĎÈXȚÈŘ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
U Don't need to touch the screen to restart the phone u can do it by LONG PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON AND VOLUME DOWN KEY (side buttons)

View solution in context

9 Comments
ĎÈXȚÈŘ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
It sounds like you're experiencing significant issues with One UI 6 and 6.1 on your Samsung device, which is understandably frustrating, especially given your background as an Android developer. Here are a few steps you can take to address the problems you're encountering:

Clear Cache Partition: Sometimes, system updates can cause conflicts with cached data. Clearing the cache partition can help resolve such issues.

Turn off your device.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key (or the Power key) simultaneously.Once the device logo appears, release all keys.Use the Volume Down key to navigate to "Wipe Cache Partition" and press the Power key to select it.After the process is complete, use the Volume Down key to highlight "Reboot System Now" and press the Power key.

Safe Mode: Booting your phone in Safe Mode can help determine if the issues are caused by third-party apps.

Turn off your device.Turn it back on and hold the Volume Down key until the home screen appears.If the issues disappear in Safe Mode, a third-party app might be causing the problems. Try uninstalling recently installed apps.

Factory Reset: If the issues persist, consider performing a factory reset. Ensure you back up all important data before proceeding.

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset.

Firmware Reinstallation: Sometimes, a clean installation of the firmware can resolve persistent issues. You can do this using Samsung Smart Switch or Odin (the latter requires more technical knowledge and care to avoid bricking the device).

Contact Samsung Support Directly: If you've already submitted multiple bug reports through Samsung Members without resolution, try reaching out to Samsung Support directly. Explain the critical nature of the issues and provide detailed information, including the steps to reproduce the bugs.

Check for Updates: Regularly check for software updates, as Samsung may release patches to address these issues. Go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

Given your frustration, especially with basic functionalities being affected, Samsung needs to take these reports seriously. If the problems continue without resolution, considering feedback through social media or other public forums might also draw more attention to the issues from Samsung.

If none of these steps resolve the issues, and given the critical nature of these bugs (like the phone becoming unresponsive during calls and alarms not functioning in Do Not Disturb mode), it might also be worth exploring alternative devices or OS versions that better meet your needs.
shoaibsaikat
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Here's the pathetic part, I can't turn off the phone if touch stops working can I? If I could then issue would've fixed immediately as restarting the phone fixes the issue. But if touch doesn't work then phone can't be turned off without OTG mouse. 😤
0 Likes
Umangmathur
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Please reach out to your nearest samsung service center and try factory resetting your device.
0 Likes
shoaibsaikat
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I've done those steps already, as I've already mentioned I'm a software developer myself and from the nature of these bugs it's clear that they're not hardware bug but software bug, changing the device won't fix it, if they're not fixed from firmware.
0 Likes
ĎÈXȚÈŘ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Try rebooting ur device
Press and hold power off and volume down key .
0 Likes
shoaibsaikat
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I think you have not read my message clearly. As I myself mentioned that restarting the phone fixes the issue. Problem is how can I restart phone if touch doesn't work? The phone can only be restarted if touch doesn't work, is by using OTG mouse and people doesn't carry OTG mouse while they are outside.
0 Likes
Solution
ĎÈXȚÈŘ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
U Don't need to touch the screen to restart the phone u can do it by LONG PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON AND VOLUME DOWN KEY (side buttons)
shoaibsaikat
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks 😀, that actually solves my problem for now. Let's see Samsung fixes the bug or not.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We'd request you to share your contact details by follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Ask question > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes