Original topic:

Dual whatsapp chat restoration problem

(Topic created on: 11-28-2021 06:24 PM)
15Libra04
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
The dual app of samsung whatsapp does not restore backed up chats even after 12 hours of searching. Whereas in another phone restoration is very easy. Why so. Can some body knows this or have experienced the same problem in Samsung Galaxy A52S 5G
22 Comments
BalaSAMSUNG
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
This is not a problem in ur smartphone, this is from whatsapp
0 Likes
15Libra04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Sir ji I got the backed up chats restored in OPPO phone easily. What you say. It is problem in samsung featureless phone
0 Likes
Raghav Bhatt
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Team,

I had dual whats app on my old phone, before switching the phone I had backed up Whats App on Google Drive for Both the account.

In Samsung A52 S 5G, insalled whats app and restored back of my Personal Number, after that I turned on Dual Messenger for Whats App, here I have configured my office number but could not download the backup.

Furhter I have uninstalled both the whats app and reinstalled Primary whats app from Google Play Store, restored the Chat of Office Number from Google Drive and got success to restore, later on I turned on Dual Messenger for Whats app and could not restore the personal number backup.

I have tried several times with different network and wifi connections, my both the backup are getting restored in Primary Whatsapp, but not being restored in Dual Messenger Whatsapp, Even I have tried the same things in my old phone as well and I got success.

From above all the activity its clear that there is not an issue with Backup in google drive/network connection/whats app/memory space, but only problem is Dual Messenger in Samsung Galaxy A52S 5G is not able to download backup from Google Drive due to some technical issue from your side.

You quickly fix the problem or take the phone back and return the money.

Awaiting for your reply.

Djai
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
They don't care....facing this issue from 6-7 months.
0 Likes
Hari50
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Hello everyone,

I am facing the exact issue, I purchased Samsung galaxy A52s 5g 2 days back. I installed WhatsApp and restored my chat for my primary account.  Worked like a charm and was very quick.

Then turned on dual messenger and when I tried to restore the chat for another number, it fails. It says "Preparing to restore messages..." for a very very long time and in the end it fails.

Hope it is fixed soon,

Thank you,

Hari T

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.

Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

I understand your situation but it is a 3rd party application that is not from Samsung. As we are trained to handle Samsung software and hardware-related troubleshooting, we advise you to contact the respective application software support. You can reach the app developer through the email channel for which please log in to the play store > select the more option> select installed app> click on read more. We sincerely regret the inconvenience. If you have any queries regarding apps developed by Samsung, I will be happy to help you.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
15Libra04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Dear samsung customer support

You have not understood the problem yet. You please take A52S 5g and open the dual message. Then toggle on the whatsapp. The place where it should appear after installation does not in particular space. So it is not the fault of Developer. It is the fault of Samsung. Before Replying any post you should first practise and then preach. If you are unable to trace the problem, it is our bad luck that we did not succeed to persuade our problem. For God's sake please do some things to resolve our problem. I replaced the phone but the problem still persists. Kindly do some thing after taking in hand the particular phone.
immnj
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Same issue with me alsl
0 Likes
Nairs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Also if that's WhatsApp issue how come the same number working fine as primary account . Ultimately the app is same in both the cases. The issue is not working on secondary app in all these devices...I am using M52 5G device and facing same issue.