Original topic:

Can't update my galaxy A505F/DS

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 03:59 PM)
Saber_G
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi there, i cant update my galaxy A505F/DS and it's been so long for me trying to do it.

There's an unexpected problem because system says that my phone is up to date however I know it isn't. 

I just tried it again and failed to update.

Screenshot_20200705-145152_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy A
Factory Reset
0 Likes
Saber_G
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I've tried factory reset

0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Whoa! 1 year old update. This is clearly a bug. Try contacting customer support.
0 Likes
v3nom
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Hello,

How to manually update your Samsung phone using Smart Switch

1)Go to Samsung's Smart Switch website and download for Windows or macOS.

2)Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable.

3)If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access.

4)If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

5)After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

6)A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

7)If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then sideload to your phone.

8)The phone will reboot, and the process will take roughly 10 minutes.

Do let me know if this solution helped you.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Saber_G
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I've tried your solution but it didnt worked.

Confusingly smart switch said that my software is up to date too.

0 Likes
v3nom
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Is the device purchased from India?
0 Likes
NitishBadhan
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
hhaha
0 Likes