Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

is it safe to leave the phone plugged while sleeping

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 09:12 PM)
MUHAMMEDSHIBIL
Active Level 4
Options
Community Guidelines
Some one please give me a best answer, i done lots of research online, some one say it's fine. some one say not good, charger will feed charge every 2hours only cutt off for 2hrs if battery reach 100%.

I want to get the best battery life, so please help me. I am using m30s, i play high graphics games. So if i didn't care about battery, then i cost alot to replace it and not only that in my place if any phone or anything serviced then it will get some issues. It happened me, i don't trust any branded or unbranded service center in my area.

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Community Guidelines
Charging overnight, or slow, or fast or with wireless charging or whatever does not affect lithium battery life in short run. But you can experience a deterioration in battery life if you do it in long run i.e. always.

Longevity of a lithium battery is determined by:

1. age, they start degrading once they are manufactured

2. temperature the hotter they are the faster they degrade

3. number of full charge/discharge cycles, more cycles results in more degradation

4.depth of discharge, so charging at 20% and stopping charging at 80% both reduces the full cycle count and keeps the cells away from degrading as it would be in a full charge or discharge case

5.full charge state, causes more degradation so stopping short of it or not charging to full until you need to use it is best

So, Charge little and often but only to 80%, don't go below 20%Set a timer to start night time charging so that it finishes at around 80% when you wake up. Then it's not holding at 100% all night.

View solution in context

Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
yes no such risk except if electrical consequences happens

View solution in context

Solution
Community Guidelines
You never know about sudden electrical faults..so better avoid it👍🙂

View solution in context

Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
Bro in simple words to say actually nothing will happen to the battery if you charge the whole night. But I recommend you to never keep your phone plugged in all night.

View solution in context

11 Comments
Solution
Community Guidelines
Charging overnight, or slow, or fast or with wireless charging or whatever does not affect lithium battery life in short run. But you can experience a deterioration in battery life if you do it in long run i.e. always.

Longevity of a lithium battery is determined by:

1. age, they start degrading once they are manufactured

2. temperature the hotter they are the faster they degrade

3. number of full charge/discharge cycles, more cycles results in more degradation

4.depth of discharge, so charging at 20% and stopping charging at 80% both reduces the full cycle count and keeps the cells away from degrading as it would be in a full charge or discharge case

5.full charge state, causes more degradation so stopping short of it or not charging to full until you need to use it is best

So, Charge little and often but only to 80%, don't go below 20%Set a timer to start night time charging so that it finishes at around 80% when you wake up. Then it's not holding at 100% all night.
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Community Guidelines
Pls tell me too how to plan the chargin
Community Guidelines
You can download an app named Accubattery from play store. It will give you detailed battery statistics as well as you can set an alarm which rings when you are charging your device and battery reaches a specific level (set it to 80%).
0 Likes
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Community Guidelines
Ok so it means we mannually have to remove it after it reaches the goal?
0 Likes
Community Guidelines
Yes.
0 Likes
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Community Guidelines
Ohh , Okay
0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5