Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 burn in on day 1

(Topic created on: 04-21-2022 08:31 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Wearables
I just purchased a galaxy watch 4 classic lte from the Samsung store and I'm already seeing the ghost image of the watch face everywhere.

I checked online and most of the people are saying it's image retention and not burn in.

I always have my AOD on with brightness set to Auto Brightness and a samsung original watchface (simple watchface) and no facer or other watchfaces.

I also have my Galaxy Watch 4 which I got with my S22 Ultra and it's working fine even after 2 weeks of using AOD (same watchface and auto brightness) so I can clearly say that there's something wrong with the other one.

The lte one (with burn in issue) was manufactured in January and the bluetooth one was manufactured in March

I also googled online and found out many others are also facing the same issue and are sending their watches back to Samsung for a replacement since it's a manufacturing issue.

Can anyone please explain me what's happening?

Thanks in advance.

12 Comments
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Wearables
U r talking about that big 00's?yes.
I can't figure out, but it looks like some issue tho. Return if disappointed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
This is my watchface. The 0s and the 1s are from here.Screenshot_20220421-223310_Galaxy Watch4 Manager_53356_1650560612.jpg
0 Likes
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Read ur below comments, it's better to get the whole watch replaced than the display only.👍🏼
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
Yeah I think that would be the best solution possible. Thanks tho
0 Likes
RajathSR
Active Level 10
Wearables
Watch 4 classic users have reported this several times in the community. It's sad that you are paying such a premium price for this kind of issue

You can get the screen replaced as the watch is still under warranty

It's quite common in phone screens, but seems like even watches have started reporting it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
The thing that bothers me the most is what will happen to the water resistant properties after I get it's screen repaired/repalced?

Will it still be water resistant as it was out of the box?

What scares me the most is that if the watch gets water damaged after the repair (which is a common issue in many of the Samsung phones), Samsung won't cover it under the warranty.
0 Likes
RajathSR
Active Level 10
Wearables
Yea, I've heard this problems as well. It won't be as secure as the factory water resistance
Dileepsalian
Expert Level 2
Wearables
Its still water resistant
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
Are you sure? Have you also had your watch's display replaced?
0 Likes