Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Smartwatch does not download Google Play Music/YouTube Music Playlist

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 04:37 AM)
Elpece
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Just bought a Samsung Smartwatch 3 and I'm disappointed that to date, it does not download  Google Play Music or YouTube Music Playlist into the Smartwatch series.

Imagine the convenience of connecting to wireless headphones and you're doing your morning jog while listening to music.

Samsung, this feature is long overdue. Samsung and Google have such a beautiful friendship that benefits us except on this.
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Elpece 

Please note that Google Play music has been discontinued by Google and is no longer available on Samsung devices.

In order to load music on your Smart watch, the music files need to be stored on your device internal storage. 

1. open the Galaxy Wearable app.

2. From the Home tab, scroll to and tap Add content to your watch, and then tap Add tracks. You can select songs individually, or tap All in the upper left corner to select them all.

3. Tap Done once you have the songs you want. Next, open the Music app on your watch to access the music tracks.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Elpece

The playlist on YouTube Music cannot be downloaded to the internal storage of the device. It will remain on the App. Unfortunately there is no way to download YouTube playlist on the internal storage of the device. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Elpece 

Please note that Google Play music has been discontinued by Google and is no longer available on Samsung devices.

In order to load music on your Smart watch, the music files need to be stored on your device internal storage. 

1. open the Galaxy Wearable app.

2. From the Home tab, scroll to and tap Add content to your watch, and then tap Add tracks. You can select songs individually, or tap All in the upper left corner to select them all.

3. Tap Done once you have the songs you want. Next, open the Music app on your watch to access the music tracks.

0 Likes
Elpece
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hi! Maps,

I'm aware that Google Play Music will be discontinued but it is still functional. My concern is still not resolved even in the case of YouTube.

The recommendation you gave is known and it forces us to download illegally mp3 files of our Playlist on YouTube Music.

The YouTube Music downloaded files cannot be transferred to the Smartwatch 3. One can only do so with MP3 files which would mean we would get it illegally if we have to **bleep** Google YouTube Music for them.

What is the legal way of downloading MP3 files of my existing Playlist of YouTube Music?
0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Elpece

The playlist on YouTube Music cannot be downloaded to the internal storage of the device. It will remain on the App. Unfortunately there is no way to download YouTube playlist on the internal storage of the device. 

0 Likes
Elpece
Active Level 4
Wearables
Thanks for honesty.

Please send this feature request to Samsung because, without integration of Google YouTube Music, then it becomes futile to have a watch that can make and receive calls and connect to the Samsung Buds Live with such rich sound but I can't enjoy the music legally by streaming from the Samsung Smartwatch 3 when I left the phone. Say I'm in the Virgin Active doing work outs and I left my phone and all I have is the Smartwatch 3 and the Samsung Buds Live. Also, say I'm doing my morning run etc

This will push people to find alternative means of music download files where mp3 files would be downloaded so that they may be sent to the Smartwatch. Most mp3 conversions are really illegal.
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Elpece 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Samsung appreciates your input and suggestion, our team of experts will look into the possibilities of improving the product functionality.