Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Tips & Tricks: Smart Alert

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 12:57 AM)
Yud_Shar
Active Level 4
Options
Tip & Tricks

Smart alert is perfect for those of us who aren’t great at noticing when we have calls or texts to reply to – who grab their phone and keys and sling them in a bag as they rush out the door – or who just doesn't check their devices often.

With Smart alert, your phone will vibrate when you pick it up if there are missed calls or messages to view. So next time you grab your phone in a hurry, you’ll know if you’ve missed something.

Here’s what to do:

1. With the device unlocked, swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Tap the Settings icon. It's the cog-like symbol on the right-hand side near the date and time.
  3. Now find Advanced features and tap Motions and gestures
  4. Scroll down to Smart alert and slide the toggle to activate
  5. Your device will now vibrate when picked up, to notify you of missed notifications

Yud_Shar_0-1585749578155.jpeg

To activate Smart alert, find Motions and gestures in Settings

If you've got a tip or trick of your own to share, create a post and use “Tips &Tricks” in the title.

6 Comments
Abby84
Active Level 3
Tip & Tricks
Hi how do I set indication flash?
0 Likes
Elz
Beginner Level 2
Tip & Tricks
my new A51 keeps on frreezing
0 Likes
Laan
Beginner Level 2
Tip & Tricks
How do I get my calendar to show public holidays
gratahz6
Beginner Level 2
Tip & Tricks
what is the password to turn off call barring
0 Likes
Jezzy1
Active Level 5
Tip & Tricks
Samsung has NEVER honored the offer of free buds on my S10+.. it's been a year. You cannot talk to senior level to get intelligent assistance and action. I have been wronged because Vodacom and Samsung didn't issue paperwork on time. For me, purchasing the S10+ was very much related to the buds being included. I also never received my free phone cover. I've written more than 16 emails and had over 30 phonecalls. A pure waste of time and effort. I HAVE BEEN SCREWED OVER BY SAMSUNG.
PLEASE anyone else.. add to this chain.
can anyone help me?
are there any suggestions?
I needed the buds for work purposes. It was part of my deal and my contract was completed within the limited period for promotional deal when S10 was launched.
I have 19 Samsung products in my home. I think I deserve my full deal as promised.
jezlav5@gmail.com
0 Likes
Jezzy1
Active Level 5
Tip & Tricks
YUD_SHAR
COMMUNITY MANAGER
Kindly assist me ....
Samsung has NEVER honored the offer of free buds on my S10+.. it's been a year. You cannot talk to senior level to get intelligent assistance and action. I have been wronged because Vodacom and Samsung didn't issue paperwork on time. For me, purchasing the S10+ was very much related to the buds being included. I also never received my free phone cover. I've written more than 16 emails and had over 30 phonecalls. A pure waste of time and effort. I HAVE BEEN SCREWED OVER BY SAMSUNG.
PLEASE anyone else.. add to this chain.
can anyone help me?
are there any suggestions?
I needed the buds for work purposes. It was part of my deal and my contract was completed within the limited period for promotional deal when S10 was launched.
I have 19 Samsung products in my home. I think I deserve my full deal as promised.
jezlav5@gmail.com