Original topic:

new feature:Network storage

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 10:29 PM)
dj9494
★★
Options
Tech Talk
With the recent update of Samsung my file , a new feature know as network storage was enabled. This feature is a oueUI 2.1. 
So what the feature about???
With this feature you can enable your own cloud storage. For example if you have a WiFi router which can be connected to a hard drive or WiFi that can enable backup data(network drive [SMB]),
use this feature and enable your mobile to backup the data whenever your mobile get connected to that WiFi. As soon as you click on network drive(SMB) , the program will automatically look for SMB and let you know which one to select. 

This was using your home local network. 

Network storage has one more option know as FTP server. This can be used by the people who owns personal servers or who share server with a company or so.  

With help of this you can create a server on your computer and access your phone storage from your computer itself. I haven't tried this yet. If future i will do so and get back to you guys. 
34 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk

it requires NETWORK ATTACHED  STORAGE  DEVICE  that  it the hardware which is connected with the wifi network generally it comes with 4 TB storage, it follows up NAS in which the device owner can access the file wirelessly without having to open the PC or laptops generally this is used in corporate life 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk

so there is no means an average consumer will get the access until and unless there is hard drive  which is connected with the LAN/WLAN/WIFI 

0 Likes
galaxyofAsif
Active Level 5
Tech Talk

Tell me the requirements of this type of drive

0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
Bro many routers allow you to connect external storage and use then as NAS. They are fairly common, even I have 1.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk

really ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk

can you tell me more 

0 Likes
Tech Talk
yes you require HARD-DRIVE WITH local network. yes I tried with my company's server and its good. it was just for test tho. I am planning to order a good HDD and use it wi-fi
0 Likes
Tech Talk
now a days many routes have usb in them, not the best speed tho. so you can use it for our purpose
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk

bhai I don't have a usb port on my router I have taken it on Jan 2020

0 Likes