Original topic:

WiFi callingšŸ™‚

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 11:04 AM)
adhilaj
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition (HD) voice service that uses a High Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network. The benefits of Wi-Fi Calling: It's included at no additional charge with your existing voice plan and HD voice-compatible device
General Information

What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition (HD) voice service that uses a High Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network.
The benefits of Wi-Fi Calling:
It's included at no additional charge with your existing voice plan and HD voice-compatible device.
You make and receive calls with Wi-Fi using your phone number.
Helps you connect when cellular service isn't available or you're having poor signal issues, like dropped calls.
Wi-Fi calls to US numbers are free, even while traveling internationally.
Video Calls no longer need an LTE connection to be initiated in Wi-Fi

Can I use Wi-Fi Calling when I'm having problems like dropped calls and poor signal strength?
Yes. If you're dropping calls or can't connect due to weak cellular network signal coverage, turn on your device's Wi-Fi Calling feature. Your device then uses a Wi-Fi connection from your home Wi-Fi or a Wi-Fi hotspot you're near so you can make calls as usual. There's no extra charge for Wi-Fi calls inside the US.

Who is eligible for Wi-Fi Calling?
To be eligible for Wi-Fi Calling, you need to:
Have a phone that's HD Voice-enabled and Wi-Fi Calling-capable.
All currently available smartphones are HD-voice-capable.
Have the HD Voice feature on your account and activated
Note: If you have any features that are incompatible with HD Voice, you'll need to remove them before you add the HD Voice feature to your account. Find out about which features aren't compatible with HD Voice, or learn more about HD Voice and how to activate it.

How do I enable Wi-Fi Calling on my Androidā„¢ device?
To activate Wi-Fi Calling, you must activate HD Voice (also called Advanced Calling on some devices) on your Wi-Fi Calling-capable smartphone first, then set up an address for use in the event of an emergency. HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling need to be activated while on the Verizon network to successfully register (they cannot be activated Internationally).
International Users: Activate HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling before you travel internationally. You will not be able to turn on HD Voice or Wi-Fi calling after leaving the country.

How do I make Wi-Fi calls?
Once you set up Wi-Fi Calling, you'll make Wi-Fi calls like you'd make traditional voice calls. In order to provide you with the most reliable experience, calls will use the cellular network when available. If you're using an Android device, then you can change the preferred network when traveling internationally. For Android devices, you'll see a Wi-Fi Calling icon similar to this:  
when your call is over a Wi-Fi network. If you have iPhone, you'll see "VZW Wi-Fi" in your status bar.
#GalaxyTechfluencer
Yours faithfully
Ajadhil

0 Likes
0 Comments