What is VoWifi
Benefits of VoWiFi/ Wi-Fi Calling
Further, this enables operators like Jio/Airtel to sideline Instant Messaging or OTT (Over The Top) apps like Whatsapp, Hike, and Viber, which uses VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol). This is not operator dependent and hence a SIM card is not required. If you’re connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or mobile data, then you can make the call.
As you can see after enable Wifi Calling the icon has been changed from VoLte to Wifi calling sign on the network signal icon.
The disadvantage of Wifi Calling is that during call we can't record a call.
Which All Samsung Devices Supports WiFi Calling?
• Samsung Galaxy S20 Series (Galaxy S20u, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20)
• Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series (Note 10 Lite, Note 10 Plus, Note 10) Samsung Galaxy S10 Series (Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 Lite
• Samsung Galaxy S9 Series (Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+)
• Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Samsung Galaxy A Series (Galaxy A30, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71) Galaxy M Series ( Galaxy M31, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M20)
• Samsung Galaxy J6 Samsung Galaxy On 6 *(These Devices are Supported on Both Jio and Airtel Network)