Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Updates brings ECG to Galaxy Watch 3 in USA,Tizen 5.5 to Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 09-24-2020 01:29 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tech Talk
The Galaxy Watch 3 has received its highly-anticipated ECG feature in the USA through a new firmware update. At the same time, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 in the USA is now catching up with the rest of the world. As you may recall, the Watch Active 2 was updated with new Galaxy Watch 3 features a couple of weeks ago, but the initial rollout had a limited reach and wasn’t available in every market. The good news for Galaxy Watch Active 2 owners in the USA is that Tizen 5.5 is now available for download.

The latest update for the Galaxy Watch 3 weighs around 47MB and carries firmware version R840XXU1BTHA. Meanwhile, the new Galaxy Watch Active 2 firmware update carries version R820XXU1CTH8 and weighs 290MB. As always, you can check if the update is available for your smartwatch from the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected smartphone.

Here’s what’s new with the latest firmware updates

The changelog for the Galaxy Watch 3 firmware update is scarce but that doesn’t make it less important. Samsung’s new smartwatch was released with ECG hardware but the feature was disabled at launch, so the latest update greatly improves the wearable’s functionality. It’s worth noting that the ECG feature is available only when the smartwatch is connected to Galaxy smartphones running Android 7.0 or later.

As for the Galaxy Watch Active 2 update, it’s Tizen 5.5 so it brings a lot of new features over from the Galaxy Watch 3. The update introduces VO2max readings, advanced running analysis, the long-awaited Fall Detection feature, better notifications, and AR Emoji/Bitmoji support.

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Solution
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
Solution
pavankumar01
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
will it come in India??

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Akashvm
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
I think the samsung monitor app is still not available for download in India

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
That's correct, I can't take ECG due to the fact that I can't download Health monitoring app

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
saarang007
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Samsung cannot take decision in health related apps on their own. Such features also need to go through that country's government approval process. When our Indian Government / Health Ministry approves, the update will definitely come to India, which maybe by the end of October.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Comments
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
2 leads
Solution
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
Solution
Akashvm
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
I think the samsung monitor app is still not available for download in India
0 Likes
Solution
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
That's correct, I can't take ECG due to the fact that I can't download Health monitoring app
0 Likes
Solution
pavankumar01
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
will it come in India??
0 Likes
Solution
saarang007
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Samsung cannot take decision in health related apps on their own. Such features also need to go through that country's government approval process. When our Indian Government / Health Ministry approves, the update will definitely come to India, which maybe by the end of October.
0 Likes