Original topic:

The Hype around new software os update

(Topic created on: 01-27-2020 09:44 PM)
surajgrover
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
Hello,
From the past few days, i have been observing a trend which has been prevalent i.e. Software updates. 
First of all, i would like to be very clear that companies are obligated to provide os software updates to any given device as per their software policy.
Secondly, its consumer's right to complaint if a company is unsuccessful in fulfilling the requirements provided with the device.
Third, i understand that new os updates brings ample new features which everyone wishes to grab their hands on. 
BUT what i cannot seem to grasp is. 
1)The pre installed os on any given device already works pretty much fine with respect to any given device. So claiming that UNLESS the company does not provide the new update, the devices aren't providing the best features is COMPLETELY FALSE.
2) Apart from os updates, not many realize how and where security updates are actually safeguarding their devices more. SO, complaining that a certain NEW OS is THE ONLY SOLUTION to a device's security is AGAIN FALSE.
3) It can be clearly seen that companies are launching device after device with slight to no major change at all with titles of "s, 31,51,71" BUT with an upgraded os JUST to attract consumers who are just behind the updated device.
4) As far as competition goes, every brand has their own strategy, developer team, funding, research, and os update policy. Comparing to apple which is providing updates of ios 14 to iphone 6s is not really justified. Similarly with android makers, i.e oxygen os, realme os, color os, its clear that each and every brand os has their ups and downs. Brand loyalty or disloyalty is a personal opinion which is again understandable.
I just think there should be a better utilisation of this platform in order to engage in providing mutual solution and assistance to everyone who has trouble.
PS- i know most people will just scroll by this since its too long, but i hope if you read it, it was worth your time.
Have a nice day!
:smiling-face: 
3 Comments
Aneeshmp
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Nice one.. Good to know..Thanks
0 Likes
surajgrover
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Thanks for taking time to go through my post Aneeshmp. :smiling-face: