- A protocol that was made to replace SMSes. The RCSchat is what makes a real difference between SMS and RCS Messaging👥👤🌏
Thought of using it:👩💻
- Using RCS Chat allows group chats, video, audio, and high-resolution images and looks and functions like iMessage, WhatsApp and other rich messaging apps.
-Messages app by Google and Samsung's Chat application on Samsung devices are the only two applications that support RCS.
- Supports Airtel, Vodafone, and Reliance Jio networks.
Also, available on all Android devices running at least Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- images, text and other forms of media can be sent without any hassle..
GifA: RCS Message Transfer - graphical representation
- Ifmine or my colleague's internet was down, we had an option to retry sending the message as an SMS/MMS.
- You can always be connected with your friends and family whether your internet was turned on or off.
-Also, ithelps savecarrier charges when you are connected to the internet by forwarding themwith theRCS protocol.
- Lackend-to-end encryption available in some current messaging tools such as WhatsApp.📱
How to use RCS
Fig A: setting up Google's RCS
- we could easily send and receive messages over the internet and sent messages appeared with a dark blue backgroundand white text. 📱🤳
-With this protocoldisconnected due to internet issue, we had a light blue bubblewith dark blue text and an SMS textbelow thesend button. 🧗🧗👆👇
- We also have options to retry, when the connection failed. One could set it to always send SMSes or ask first or never send an SMS depending on how they want to use it and how much their carrier charges them .🎫💰💰💰
Fig B: RCS enabled (L) and disabled chat (R)
# At last, RCS is just getting started and willgrow .👆👍
- Depending on the carriers is a big issue as protocolmeans lost revenue for them and they will try to suppress it as much as possible. ☄️☄️
- As of now, the RCS protocol is not groundbreaking, but with carefulexecution, it can become the next big thing in mobile communication.⚡⚡
∆ Note📔📕: RCS is not a proprietary protocol, It can easily be adopted on iPhones and other Apple products.🧼🧼
(Finally providing a simple communication for all, but right now it's only in Android )
Most of the information is from this article by beetel bite who have tested RCS in India.