Original topic:

Oxygen OS is easily better than OneUI

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 03:29 PM)
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
One of the biggest strengths of Oxygen OS (OnePlus), especially before the merger with Colour OS codebase, is the 'clean' nature of their software. The most important and also the most unique part of that 'clean' tag is the absence of Facebook and related apps and services in Oxygen OS. Most other OEMs (Motorola could be an exception, but I don't know) include Facebook Services in their software, even if they don't include the Facebook app itself. One of the first things I do in my smartphones is to delete/ disable anything that has 'Facebook' in its name.

That said, when I see the full list of apps on a Samsung device, it is simply terrifying. There are literally hundreds of apps that I don't even know what they are, why they are installed, if it is safe to uninstall/ disable them, what will be the implications of doing that, etc. I know stock Android doesn't come with all these things, and I don't see most of them in other devices as well. This is truebloatware.

OneUI is just a polished UI compared toTouchWiz, but underneath the UI, it is the same bloatware that it has always been. Based on online reviews, I thought OneUI must have undergone a complete overhaul, but it has turned out to be untrue.

It is nice to have some extra features, but only those must be preinstalled that are essential for most users. All the rest must be grouped under Optional Features, so that anyone wanting a particular feature should be able to activate it/ install it from Galaxy Store, which is tightly integrated with the OS. When you have too much stuff happening in the background, it definitely impacts the performance of hardware, and takes away it's useful life. 

It isn't surprising to see people complaining about heating, battery drain, lagging, etc because the apps they install (which they actually want) are now fighting for hardware resources with unnecessary apps and features that they don't want, and probably unaware too of their presence. Just too much stuff. And when you cram all sorts of unnecessary stuff into your software, you open up the possibility of introducing bugs, software conflicts, and an overall poor user experience as a result.

Oxygen OS has some brilliant, and more importantly, useful features not present in OneUI:

1. Built-in Firewall
2. AppLock
3. Multi-Users
4. Scrolling screenshot with automatic scrolling

Unique Features in OneUI

1. Secure Folder with Knox Security
2. Galaxy Store & Themes
3. Edge Panels with clipboard functionality
4. Good Lock Modules (optional)

Between the two sets of features above, most people would choose the 1st set over the 2nd one, because it is simply the more useful set from a user perspective.

With a significantly smaller team and budget, the developers in the OnePlus team have designed a much leaner and efficient software that provides an overall better experience in terms of performance, battery life, and a much more useful set of software features.

If I can get the get the Samsung cameras (including the camera software) with Oxygen OS, it will indeed be the best experience on any smartphone.

Samsung has a few things to learn from competition, instead of resting on its laurels and focusing attention away from users' preferences. It is time they give the users what they want.
95 Comments
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
one ui ..is OS.....???1649584969185.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Itne bade bade posts 😱😱😱
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
sachmei... mai to dar hi gya..😂😂...

yeh bohut bolta hai..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Ye baat hai 🤣🤣🤣
Tech Talk
Then Oxygen os is an "OS" ?
LOL

Answer is NO
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
vohi to.😝
0 Likes
Tech Talk
I WON'T UNDERSTAND THIS LANGUAGE TELL ME IN ENGLISH!
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
u r realy Korean..? 🤔
Tech Talk
Nah😂