Original topic:

NavIC support in samsung phone in India

(Topic created on: 09-28-2022 01:58 PM)
Soham_69
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
PLEASE READ IT IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME !!

My Friends in India, you all are known about the ISRO's new NavIC satellite system (aka IRNSS or Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System) which is a kinda satellite positioning system developed by India contrasting to GPS which is maintained by United States of America. Now there are 6 GNSS system are available like GPS (US), Galileo (EU), GLONASS (Russia), BeiDou(China), QZSS(JAPAN) & NavIC (India). The Qualcomm Snapdragon & mediatek 5G chipset are currently coming with NavIC support but OEMs has to enable this in their devices.

Pic: NavIC coverage 

So, it's very important to implement the system into indian smartphone market. On 2nd September,2022 there held a meeting between GOI & the smartphone manufacturers including samsung. Now if you guys are aware, Redmi, realme & oppo had already starting to implement NavIC support in their phones. Where as non Chinese brand like samsung or apple are likely reluctant to implement this technology in their phones coz according to them implementing this tech will require newer and costlier chipset & some additional hardware, which will increase the price of phones. Example - if you had bought a Samsung phone in 12k rs then after this technology its price can increase upto 15k rs. As indian market is a price sensitive market so increasing the price will affect the companies revenue
~according to samsung

So indian government is in talks with brands.
But I think according to me, this technology should be implemented heavily in phone. If you know that during Kargil war India asked US to help them by using their GPS system, but USA denied this. Now if you see about the Ukraine war the western countries have put harsh sanction on Russia. So meanwhile USA can intentionally cut off the GPS access to Russia. Thank God, that Russia have their own GLONASS system. And Russia also have implemented their GLONASS system in their smartphone by regulating laws and making it mandatory few years ago.

Pic: Qualcomm and Mediatek both support NavIC 

So the point is that, if these companies can implement this, why they can't implement NavIC support in India. Do you guys think that Govt of India should also make laws to make smartphone NavIC support mandatory. What do you guys think?
Please comment below and also you guys make community post using hashtags to make this topic on trending. Samsung is a very trusted brand in India for about 10 years & we can expect something from samsung. 
And thankyou for reading my post🙏

2 Comments
Tech Talk
So, thank god that Russia was able to invade Ukraine
Soham_69
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
No,that's not the point, but the point is that, you've to be independent.
0 Likes