Original topic:

M40 alias A60

(Topic created on: 03-17-2020 12:15 AM)
srisuresh
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
I noticed Samsung Galaxy A60 is renamed and marketing in the name of Samsung Galaxy M40.
The only diff what I noticed is OS upgade available in M40 although both are released in same year around 2-3 months gap.
Bussiness prespective: consumers felt imbalance  to the Price & Features balancesheet.., so they come up with reducing the price and adding to OS upgrade eligibility list along with relatively low series line 'M'
Design perspective: Sice there no Harware change, hence no complications inthis department. With the feed back of A60, they provided Andriod upgrade eligibility, which they dont need any physical manufacturing/redesigning. 
Consumer perspective: As a consumer of M40, I can give 5.9/7.
      Encapsuling the background of the mobile, M40 is a great phone with Snapdragon processor and with One UI 2 - Samsong's customized OS, Infinity O display. 
      The only conserns from a consumer side is Audio quality(in build speaker), which not a great thing. & the display would be great if it was a MOLED.

Overall it is an intelligent move from Samsung. I appreciate the marketting strategy.
1 Comment
ShahidBD
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
As a part of cost-cutting, the Samsung Galaxy M series phones don't have Samsung Pay, Samsung Pass, Secure Folder, Bixby Voice/Vision, Samsung Cloud, Kids Mode, Easy Mode and Samsung Knox are not available. The fingerprint sensor is present on the back, similar to most Samsung phones.
But A series smartphones are supports all of them which is described above.
0 Likes