Original topic:

Link Functions Improvement Suggestions #InnovationLab

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 02:19 PM)
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Hi,

I use Link to Windows function extensively with my Note 10 Lite and laptop.
This is really useful specially you are doing WFH as you can keep track of your phone notifications, calls, sms, whatsapp all in one from laptop.

Link to Windows has really improved and added lots of very useful features over last few months.
With Samsung's special tie-up with Microsoft, many features are Samsung exclusive till now.

I have some improvement suggestions which I feel can make it even better.

1) Currently PC and phone need to connected to common WiFi network for Link to Windows to work. Sometimes when I have issues with my broadband connection , I use my Samsung Note 10 Lite as Mobile Hotspot for my Laptop.
Link to Windows doesn't work in this case.
So I wish that Link to Windows should work seamlessly whether PC and phone are connected to common wifi OR PC is connected via mobile hotspot.

2) When we have multiple phones under same Microsoft account, there should be way to copy data across 2 phones then PC also. 

3) Error handling , especially at New phone setup needs lot of improvement. Many times settings in PC Windows 10 cause problems in setup. These should be handled by program OR fix, or help should be shown to user in easier way.
This is main reason many people still do not use Link to Windows functionality.

4) Automatic way to handle audio input/output from calls - Currently when call comes it rings both on pc and phone. If user accepts calls on laptop ,then laptop mic,speaker should be used BUT If user picks up call by picking up phone then phone mic,speaker should be used. Audio should not come from laptop speaker.
This will be very useful and privacy feature.
Currently I have disable Bluetooth on laptop for this.

5) I am not sure if this can be done due to licensing issues but I would like to see all streaming apps like SonyLIV,Hotstar,AmazonPrime,Zee,Netflix,JioTV,JioMovies play via your phone app. Right now it not consistent. For some apps it works , for some it doesn't

I will be happy to share any details if needed for above suggestions.
If some of these can be already done using any settings, please let me know.

0 Comments