Original topic:

It is time to remove the sim card slot on the flagship phones.

(Topic created on: 06-26-2022 05:56 PM)
Sushmitasen
Active Level 7
Options
Tech Talk

Yes you read it right, it is time to remove the sim card slot from the flagship phones as the flagship phones are coming with the e-sim functionality, even with iOS 16 update transferring the e-sim is going to happen with the bluetooth without even to have the hassle to go to the service center of the carrier services , even though many of you will still prefer the physical sim card just for having the ease of removing and switching the phone quickly but with the convince of swapping the sim cards through physical sim card, it been recorded that 90% of the sim card swapping scams happens with the physical sim card not only 5% to 10 % scams happens with the e sim ( if you are not smart enough) nevertheless I have been using e sim for a while now both my indian sim and UK sim cards works flawlessly and with the iPhone 13 the option to have dual e sim is phenomenal , further more the connectivity is also excellent at the top of the line I don’t any fear about the lose of my sim card and I have no worry about sim card getting damaged even more the sim card is connected to my account so no one can replicate unless he/she is the professional hacker…. So with my experience with the e sim, it not only brings the convience. But it also has some environmental benefits. I have to worry less about the plastic piece, which could end up in the land field as the sim card ages it gets damaged, or even ask for a replacement at the service center. So there will be less hassling about the recycling of the sim card itself, there will be no more environmental damage, and there will be no more production of the plastic sim cards; the phones will be even more water-resistant than before with the physical sim card slot. Furthermore, there will be low production cost and could have a bigger battery or even have a satellite connectivity option with the sim card gone dead in the space.

The connectivity of the e-sim is excellent, and the ip rating would increase further, with less plastic to the environment and more space in the phone. Even though it has so many advantages, there are some negative aspects to this; first and foremost is to connect with the email iD, which could be the wall for the new users to get the e-sim. Furthermore, you cannot reset the phone, especially if you own an android phone. Reseting the phone means removing the e-sim entirely, so you will need to go to the service center; if you have a foreign sim card like me, it would be costly to travel for it. You will no longer have the pleasure of swapping the sim cards from one phone to another. Though there are cons to this method but think that when the phones will have software-based sim are not there will be a benefit to minor hacking, less losing sim card, more over anti-theft of sim cards, even you can track your phone to the extent where the phone is…

what do you think about it let me know your thoughts in comment box

original post link https://hanitirkey722.wixsite.com/website/post/it-is-time-to-remove-the-sim-card-slot-on-the-flagshi...

3 Comments
DheerajN
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
There's a much better alternative. An unconducted research shows that your phone should be 100% secure and immune to vulnerabilities if it doesn't exist.
It primarily resolves the conflict between whether e-sim or a  physical sim is better, while availing several other debatable benefits
When you stop using your phone, delete( you can only try with vain as you cannot anyways) your digital foot print, request all the recipients to delete your noods, and stop using your device further; you're prone to have a better chance at being **bleep** proof and avoid blackmail.
It should be theft proof since it doesn't exist anyways, and tracking the phone shouldn't be a problem as you can peacefully lay back knowing that it exists in singularity where everything and nothing coexist together.
It should be absolutely waterproof beyond the scope of IP ratings.
Also if everyone stops using their communication and electronic devices, it would reduce future e-waste by around 100% which would not only eliminate plastic wastes, but also reduce the mining of all those rare earth metals in ecologically diverse and conserved regions, which are crucial in manufacturing smartphones. It would also solve a lot of labour treatment and conditions involved in those mining activities which also seems to be a major issue among a  few human rights activists.
It also clears the confusion among users and influencers about the Android-iOS  platform and all the issues involved with migration, connectivity and compatibility.
Also the irritating shenanigans of iPhone users trying to flex up on Samsung forums would be put to an end.

Although there may be a few disadvantages to ditching your gadgets, like an inability to do a quick Google search( that usually loves your little inputs and a lot of your user and device data associated with it) to fetch yourself a pair of flint stones near you to light a fire in case you need to use something like a flashlight if the situation rises.
You'd probably be lost or stranded somewhere, since you wouldn't have access to Apple maps(which probably would miss sharing your location alongside a ton of your device stats to their "partners" who'd use it to provide you better services) unless you're too good at navigating by stars by sketching out the position of Vega or Polaris( for which you need another sky mapping app to locate probably)
You'd actually face a few difficulties with food since it'd be hard to Yelp out the places to eat or Deliveroo something else(which btw are usually somewhat modest about your data and only collect your usage patterns and financial details, location, interests and  e wallet usage patterns) and you'd be forced to buy some groceries to cook from a physical store, since ordering them form Amazon would prove to be difficult (which ofc only have access to your addresses, financial details from almost all digital platforms that uses their AWS services {to better their services and cloud platform indeed} and other Alexa services which would always be on and hearing everyone of your conversations to find out those sweet words and whispers containing 'Hey Alexa').
Which reminds me, you'd miss those hilarious Siri jokes.
You'd loose access to communication with those incredible chatbots (silly them, they think assessing text patterns and subtle psychological cues are the the key to your mind and only extract text from your comments and chats from social media)
You'd be forced to meet people in person to have an actual conversation and may risk making them realise that you actually don't mean those emojis.
Along with a few minor blockades that don't seem all that important to the context

Since we are strong focused on the security, other minor hurdles should be taken for granted, Don't you think!

What do you think about it? Do you agree or do you strongly agree? Let me know your thoughts in the reply box
0 Likes
Sushmitasen
Active Level 7
Tech Talk

woah I did not talked about this here I just told about the SIM card slot removal 

0 Likes
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

i feel like it is time remove it only on flagship ones

0 Likes