Original topic:

#InnovationLab for Phone App

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 10:29 PM)
Suvigya
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
Hi,

I have a suggestion which can improve and help usera to send a message/text via available apps on phone.

Usually for a user to send a WhatsApp or Telegram message to a new number which is not in contacts directory, they need to first save it in order to send a text.
Due to this, one's contact directory is filled up with certain saved numbers, which might be irrelevant after a period of time or just for that moment. 
To avoid that, Samsung can integrate API based template for any number which can be seen in call logs to be able to send message/text via various installed platform.
For e.g. (a use case)
A conversation happens between user and a vendor for some item, and the user wants to shate some details or pictures over WhatsApp. In current scenario, the user will have to save the vendor's number, in order to initiate the message conversation. Let's say the user does this task and they converse for 2 days and then there is no work with vendor, in maximum cases the user will not delete the saved number.
To avoid such additional process, Samsung can provide UI option to directly message the vendor without saving the number, by calling API:
wa.me/<country code without +><10digit number>
like :
wa.me/913333333333

This will immediately create a new message conversation feom WhatsApp and user can continue the discussion, without saving the number.
Similar is feasible Telegram; and maybe for other messaging platforms.

This upgrade will be really handy and helpful. I hope to see this implemented. 
2 Comments
mohdasim143
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
hi
0 Likes
MAHESAMSUNG
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Ok
0 Likes