Original topic:

#Ideators : Have Profile enhance the mood of the user!

(Topic created on: 12-15-2021 03:20 PM)
Veeeral
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk

Sorry, due to a lack of technical knowledge, I may not be able to put forth my point very clearly, but please feel free to approach me if you need any clarity on that. At present we have a UI that stays the same throughout the week until the user changes it. By UI, I mean, the Wallpaper, Icon style, Ring/Notification Tones, Drawer style, Apps that are displayed on the home screen and likewise. This makes it much monotonous, even if it's Sunday or he is on vacation.

Can we have a profile scheduler where, if the user selects Sunday as a weekly holiday and for instance, 16-17-18 December as out (maybe in his calendar) then on those days his phone's profile should change automatically to cheer his vacations or off day! This could take in the following manner...

1. A Cheering message (to be displayed on the Home screen or lock screen) in the morning at 8 am (or the time which he has set for the day to start in his calendar) with an exciting Jingle (with an option to keep it off so that the morning sleep doesn't get disturbed). The message could be as simple as 'Hey Veeral, make the best of your holiday because you deserve it!' or maybe an image with such a massage. Let the image/Message keep changing in order not to become monotonous. This will really motivate him and will give the user a good start.

2. Usually we all have formal wallpapers on our screen. On those days change the wallpaper to the ones selected by the user. This could be his own picture of his one of the earlier vacations or his family picture or any wallpaper that he would like to see on his day off.

3. Same goes with the Ring tones, Notification styles, bring his preferred app on the home screen like Netflix, Google Duo, Social Networking sites, all as per his preference.

4. Have him receive the summary of the whole day, maybe with the help of a small video or pictures or a picture story which includes his walking stats, places visited, a person with whom he talked the most today etc. In short, a snapshot of what he did today, as that would leave him to end the day with a happy note.

All these will make him feel that this day is different from yesterday.  I have just darted an idea without knowing its technical feasibility as I am a layman, so feel free to ignore it if you feel this doesn't make any sense. But trust me, I do feel that my 24-hour companion should talk to me differently when my mood is different.    

4 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Great idea, number 2 and 3 can somewhat be done with routines/automations.

But don't you think if a person is on vacation or holidays, he would rather stay away from his phone( like a digital detox) and spend more time with his family or friends. Just my thought
Veeeral
Active Level 6
Tech Talk

Appreciate your suggestions!

Yes, he would, but only if he has 'Digital Detox' a a point on his agenda... besides, he is going to use his phone to take pictures, share it with friends, make calls etc.

Further, for point 2 & 3, I feel it would be rather difficult for a layman to use Bixby Routine.

Div001
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
I think if you explore routines more...you will be able to achieve everything
0 Likes
Veeeral
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Sure, i would try. Thanks!