Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic LTE model heating issue # design failure

(Topic created on: 03-31-2022 06:17 PM)
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
It is a useless product especially the cellular version I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch 4 classic 42 mm(LTE version) under the corporate employee purchase program from SAMSUNG.COM. But Since the day of delivery, the watch is being overheated upon making any cellular call and the call gets auto disconnected and the watch doesn't respond till it cools down. I informed the same to your technical team over the phone but they insisted me to visit the service center, the Samsung service center has issued me a Dead on Arrival certificate upon seeing the issue and the Samsung Shop team has issued me a replacement and it is delivered today.  The replacement product which is delivered today is also having the same issue i.e upon making an LTE/cellular call from the watch doesn't respond and it gets overheated and goes into the emergency mode with no response for some time I have got the DOA certificate for this faulty products twice this is literally a design failure of samsung

And when ever watch gets heated in the calls, calls automatically disconnects and battery drops from. 100 to 80% in 2 mins of usage and battery backup doesn't comes even for half day
9 Comments
RajathSR
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
That's strange
This is the first time Im coming across this issue. Haven't seen much posts related to LTE problem.

Is it a common problem with other LTE users?
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Yes it is among most

Link :https://youtu.be/tTTf3VKGVAg
0 Likes
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
This is not first time it seems issue is there with galaxy watch 2 active cellular model as well
0 Likes
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
It is not strange if you have a galaxy watch I can help you in identifying this design failure
0 Likes
Members_FJ4KDWy
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk

After the last big update, I could not even spesk watch 4 LTE call for more than 1 miniute where as it was quite ok earlier

0 Likes
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Unfortunately, complaints are piling up on the Samsung Community Forum and Reddit about excessive battery drain and overheating issues
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Watch4-and-Galaxy-Watch4-Classic-receive-new-features-i....
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Harsha126
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Such a blunt comment have you gone through entrie post before commenting
vip_b
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Until now I bought, after 15 hours of use, there is still 38% battery remaining, testament to the careful and meticulous settings made to optimize power efficiency, if all the notifications and apps are active, taking calls, listening music through, wifi and Bluetooth connected then definitely the battery draining swiftly which is the burning question..
0 Likes