Original topic:

Galaxy Book 4 360 - Charging issue

(Topic created on: 03-19-2024 06:01 AM)
Azzeem
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk

My new Galaxy Book 4 360 bought through this website about 15 days back is sleek and good looking. 

But i have an issue with the charging of the laptop.  I can charge it to 100% and take it to my office which is about 45min drive from my place and find it drained to 70%.  Usually when the lid is closed the laptop should ideally sleep and conserve battery however i find it discharging and gets me look for a charge port as soon as i reach office. This is frustrating.    This laptop becomes an anxiety issue without enough juice to run through the day.

Is there any work around for the power settings which i have not explored already?  Please pitch in with your suggestions. 

0 Likes
4 Comments
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Better check with service center. Also turn off auto update and then check
0 Likes
Azzeem
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Ya thanks Kumar.
Will check switching off auto update.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we would request you share your contact details on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Ask question > Type your query > Send). So, it will be helpful to us to resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Azzeem
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Switched off auto update as suggested. Battery power is stable. 

Samsung guys took over the laptop remotely and installed some updates and cleared some trash files. Said its ok now. 

Still i feel that when the lid is closed there should not be any battery drain, which still happens. 

This was a great feature which i was personally experienced in Dell laptops. The battery percentage is same when the hood is closed, even after a full 24 hours of not using the laptop.

There is some other background app which is draining the battery with the hood closed.

Cant figure out by myself or by the support team.

However, appreciate the suggestion @S_Kumar73.

0 Likes