Original topic:

Control Your Android's Volume by Swiping the Edge of Your Screen

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 08:30 PM)
BunnyGirl
Expert Level 4
Options
Tech Talk

I'm using this.

You can try this too. Works similer way.

If you have stuck volume buttons, it can be a real pain to adjust sound levels since your only other option is to use the volume menu in Settings. But even if your volume rocker is working fine, it's still a little weird to have to click a mechanical button to control one of the most central aspects of an operating system that is otherwise entirely touch-based.

To make volume adjustments a bit easier and more intuitive, there are cool little apps that lets you raise or lower your volume level by simply swiping the edge of your screen. It works in any app, so it's always one swipe away, and to sweeten the deal, the app manages to do all of this without requiring root or any special permissions.

Installing the App

The app that lets you control volume by swiping the edge of your screen is called VolumeSlider/Volume Control Panel, and it's available straight from Google Play.

Control Volume by Swiping Your Screen

Once you've set everything up, you're ready to try out the new feature. Like the popup explained, just long-press the trigger area on the side of your screen, then slide your finger up or down to adjust the volume level. When you do that, you'll see a toast message at the bottom of your screen that tells you the current volume level, so it's not intrusive at all. If you'd like, you can use the system volume dialog to verify that the volume was adjusted properly, but aside from that, you can ditch this menu in favor of an easy swipe gesture from now on.

App links 

Screenshots 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
it's good information, but assistant menu inside accessibility settings can do that ....so why 3rd party apps?

View solution in context

5 Comments
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
it's good information, but assistant menu inside accessibility settings can do that ....so why 3rd party apps?
BunnyGirl
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
this works different way though.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
I know that madam ...but if zfont doing same type of things and I don't have to open any zip..then why I shudnot go with it? I am using zfont when my device was in android oreo
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
very informative 👌
keep it coming 💫
0 Likes