Original topic:

Biometrics Improvement Suggestions #InnovationLab

(Topic created on: 03-14-2021 10:07 PM)
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Hi,

I feel overall there should be improvement with biometrics in Samsung phones. Following are my suggestions.

1) Improve speed of Fingerprint and face unlock. It is really slow especially on my phone Note 10 Lite.
Compared to other brand's phones , speed and accuracy of Samsung Fingerprint and face unlock is not good.

2) Improve Fingerprint sensor performance in outdoors , when there is bright light on display.

3) Allow to add at least 5 fingers.

17 Comments
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
go to feed back section and give this suggestion plz.

Screenshot_20210226-104332_Samsung Members_53768.jpg

0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Already done when I bought my phone back in September. Support people told me that it will be improved in updates but I haven't seen much change.
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
buddy, I am also using Note10lite & my both biometric working well.
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Well means ? If you compare with other brands like OnePlus , Redmi and even other Samsung phones I feel underdisplay Fingerprint on Note 10 Lite is not good.
Despite many updates, it is slow, inaccurate.
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
I already do all things after that I said.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
hey, myself also Note 10lite user and yes biometrics are working well in it but not upto mark when compared to Note 20 ultra and 21....
we think that recognition speed has to be further increased
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
bro, note10lite price is 41k and Note 20ultra 100k+ phone. and second thing s21 have Ultra sonic fingerprint and in note10lite have optical fingerprint sensor.

and day by day technology is improving, Note10lite launched feb 2020 and these phone launched in 2021 and many more reasons still note10lite fingerprint is working fast (1.5 to 2.5 sec get to unlock) what u want if u want to unlock before 1 sec than buy s21 or note20ultra.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
I am comparing with older Oneplus , Redmi phones. even A71 has faster Fingerprint sensor.
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
bro my fingerprint only take 1.5 sec to unlock. and I also compare to Redmi , A51 and onepluse and I get my fingerprint is working similarly.
0 Likes