Original topic:

Auto Data Switching on, coverage and reachability issues gone!

(Topic created on: 03-28-2022 01:35 PM)
Admin
Community Manager
Options
Tech Talk

Poor reception and weak signals got you annoyed?

We know making calls, sending texts, and simple browsing can get frustrating in areas with limited network coverage by some carriers. In fact, another carrier might provide a better reception in those regions!

For this reason, many users rely on two SIM cards from different carriers for uninterrupted service.

But it isn’t a complete solution.

One, mobile data does not automatically switch between two SIM cards, making the experience disjointed.

Two, there is no call or text reachability on the out-of-coverage SIM card that makes important OTP and PAN/Aadhar linked transactions impossible.

1.png

Now, say goodbye to these challenges and hello to non-stop connectivity!

Presenting Samsung’s Auto data switching feature.

Calls and SMS of the out-of-coverage SIM work uninterrupted using the mobile data of second SIM. Enjoy this nifty feature by turning on ‘Auto data switching’ and ‘Wi-Fi Calling’ settings together.

How do I enable Auto data switching?

• Go to Settings > Connections > Sim card manager > Auto data switching
  • Tap to turn on Auto data switching

2.png

How do I enable Wi-Fi Calling?

• Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi Calling
  • Tap on SIM1 to turn on Wi-Fi Calling for SIM1
  • Tap on SIM2 to turn on Wi-Fi Calling for SIM2

3.png

How do I know ‘Automatic data switching’ is on?

Simply check out the network icons on top of the screen! It will show the SIM whose data is being used. Here, SIM1 is using SIM2 data for connection. When SIM2 will use SIM1 data, the icon will change to number 1.

sym.jpg.png

You can also check the registration status of the carrier network from the quick panel.

4.png

For a seamless experience, there will be no other visible change in your screen!

5.png

T&C: ‘Auto data switching’ feature is available on Samsung Galaxy phones from Android 12 onwards.

577 Comments
MANDAY
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
🤣🤣
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Yasin 20220415_141002866_143_1650010202.jpg20220415_140822737_136_1650010102.jpg20220415_132839988_112_1650007720.jpg20220415_132825124_110_1650007705.jpg
0 Likes
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
This was needed so badly. 👏 💐 kudos
Jihad01
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Okay!Got it,,,Admin brothers team.😃
Moinhasanmahdi
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
What is wrong with my phone a21s? I can not find the WiFi calling option when I go to connection on settings .
suedjgu17
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
A21s does not have any wi-fi calling option
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Customer,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and All Samsung phones, supporting Dual SIM with Android 12 will have this feature.

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Customer,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and All Samsung phones, supporting Dual SIM with Android 12 will have this feature.

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
Tech Talk
And yes I'm using this 🙂
hdoniv
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Nicely done... 👏