Original topic:

App lock

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 02:40 PM)
NavalV
Active Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Is there any native app lock feature in samsung or the only option is 'secure folder'?  
13 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Only secure folder and it's all you need.This will help you to use Secure Folder effectively as an applock.
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/How-to-use-Secure-Folder/td-p/10643723
NavalV
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
I dont agree. Manufacturers can not force users to use complex methods for some basic needs. I know that secure folder is way more secure than the normal app lock but still some users need a simple way to activate lock on the apps.
I think, Samsung should provide both the ways of locking the app. Let users decide what they want.
Same thing you can see in the face recognition settings. One option is for faster recognition but less secure other option is slow but more secure. But in the end it comes to the choice of the end user what they prefer. Just like , they have provided both the options in face recognition , they should also do the same for app lock feature.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Yeah ideally. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon. So as of now what I said is the only way. And it's not complex!! I don't know what's complex in it. Actually if you are doing it while the phone is new,you just have to install those needed apps in secure folder only. The process of uninstalling is required only when users are unaware of the use of secure folder.
Anyways the view that a seperate app lock is not needed is completely personal and you can demand that all you want. 👍
NavalV
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Just help me out in one scenario. So, i have a custom home setup where i put these social media apps in organised way in the home screen. But i also want to activate app lock for all these social media apps. So, if i only install these apps in secure folder then my home setup will be gone. What to do now?
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
You cannot do that because you need to open secure folder. You too know that. My point is that it's the most secure option available in android and using it's NOT complex.
But of you want to arrange your home page or app drawer or whatever in artistic way/organised way it's not possible.
I already said it's my personal opinion that secure folder>>> app lock. I prefer function and safety over looks.

Anyways if you have any alternate idea to use in Samsung phones right now,I am all ears.
Nb: I am talking about what is practically possible right now. We can all talk about "it can be done IF". But unfortunately it's not happening.
0 Likes
NavalV
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Only alternate way is to install a third party app like 'Norton app lock' which provides a simple way of enabling or disabling lock using a toggle but as it is a third party app so it doesn't perform well as compared to inbuilt apps like we have in other smartphones brands (Mi,Oppo,realme).
Anyways, we can not do anything other than hoping for an update.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
You know I did one mistake. You only needed 2 answers.
1)NO
2)YES

For your 2 questions. My bad that I tried to help practically with the situation. Peace out ✌️
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Which device you have ?🤔
0 Likes
NavalV
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
F62