Original topic:

' Add Portrait Effect ' option added in Samsung Gallery

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 12:37 PM)
amanjalwehra
Expert Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
Samsung has added 'Add Portrait Effect ' option in samsung gallery withOne UI 4.1 update.

Add Portrait Effect option add Bokeh effect to the already clicked pictures ,the picture that we have taken without portrait mode. But it only works with human photos, as it recognizes face to give blur effect to the background.

This is one of the picture that I Clicked without any portratit mode on the day of Holi.

Pic without any Portrait mode

Now let us use the new feature 'Add Portrait Effect ' on this pic.

Click on theThree dot menu in the right bottom. Then pop up menu appears, Select Add Portrait Effect option.

Within seconds of after clicking on 'Add Portrait effect' , the background gets blurred giving a proper bokeh effect to the Pic.

Let us check the resultant picture

Picture after applying the ''Add Portrait Effect"

This new option gave a new life to my already clicked huge collection of memories. Samsung always amazes us with these type of new feature with every update .

7 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Once again proves that the depth sensor is useless. However this feature is not flawless either. Check your right ear. The edge detection is not so perfect. Looks very artificial all around. Check the entire right hand as well, especially around fingers.
amanjalwehra
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
Bro I thing thats due to the holi colours on ears, the colour is same as the background
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Still a better AI will pick it up.
0 Likes
user963
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
Yes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Yeah depth sensor camera is useless but LIDAR and laser focus sensors are useful
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Hum cool 😎
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes