Original topic:

samsung galaxy tab a7 2020 lagging while video playback

(Topic created on: 10-20-2020 04:56 PM)
GodSpeed7700
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
samsung galaxy tab a7 2020 lagging while video playback in OTT platforms such as Netflix, amazon prime video and desney+ hotstar. Device is more than capable to run these things but it's still lagging. By the way nothing is running in the background and it still lags like crazy.its annoying problem please fix this problem ASAP.
54 Comments
TechyGranda
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I had same problem with Virgin TV Go streaming. No problem with Netflix or Prime Video. 

When setting up my tablet I set the brightness to what I thought was acceptable. However I discovered that disabling adaptive lighting caused lagging on the Virgin Go App streaming service. Enabling Adaptive Lighting solved the problem. No more erratic streaming!

theddub
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Samsung! I just got this tablet this past week. It's a brand new tablet Galaxy A7 Tab (2020 version) from Samsung and FuboTv and Peacock both has stuttering, choppy video. Youtube works just fine. Like the others have pointed out, it happens when you turn off adaptive brightness. I'm a software engineer, this isn't a user issue. Please fix this issue!

GoGoGriffster
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I have lagging when doing anything on this device.  Its less than 2 weeks old and lags loading apps, loading web pages in any  browser and switching apps. Thinking of returning and getting a S7?

0 Likes
rolandkleermaker
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Same here, videoland, Disney stuttering. Slow opening and switching apps. Only a few weeks old and have the issue since day 1

0 Likes
mattygabe
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Same here as well. Apps like Plex (where the video has already been transcoded by myself) are fine, and live sports with the NHL and MLB apps are fine, but when trying to watch NCAAB games on SlingTV, its a laggy mess. Adaptive brightness did not fix the issue, but i had over 20% RAM available. This is unacceptable

Barry_Denby
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I think I have discovered a potential cause of the issue here and hopefully Samsung is listening. I purchased this tablet a week ago only to discover like others the Virgin TV Go app has choppy video.

It appears this tablet under its current firmware does not have hardware acceleration enabled for all video codecs it's Adreno 610 GPU supports. If you install MX Player then goto:

Local Player Settings > Decoder > HW+ Video Codecs

You should see the following codecs don't have hardware acceleration: H.264 10bits, H.265 10bits, WMV3, and VC-1

I have a Nokia 6.1 from 2018 with the earlier Adreno 508 GPU and that's only missing the H.264 10bits and does not have the same stuttering problems.

0 Likes
nesti1959
Active Level 1
Tablets

Try setting power mode to Optomised.

0 Likes
nesti1959
Active Level 1
Tablets

I used to have the same problem on my Tablet A7. By going into the Power mode on the drop down I found it was set to medium power saving (70%) processor speed. I then set power mode option to Optomised. Additionally I went in Settings menu and turned ON adaptive brightness. This solved all my choppy video performance that I suffered prior to these settings. Good luck.

ian3430
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Samsung may or may not be listening, but you Sir are a legend 🙌 

Sorted;)

nana lady
Beginner Level 5
Tablets

thank you!!!

0 Likes