Original topic:

Tab S7 Plus Keyboard case Function keys Issue

(Topic created on: 11-26-2020 11:37 PM)
ur2kill
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
I want to change the default function of the Function keys(F1 to F12) from function keys to media/control keys.
Currently user have to presss and hold th 'Fn key' in combination to use the media function of the keys.

Almost no one ever use the Fn key, whereas the media keys are easily one of the most needed keys so why have samsung defaulted the key function to function keys.

Please give us a setting to change the function as it is present in most of the windows laptops since a 7-8 years.
39 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We have noted down the feedback regarding this and providing a continues great experience to our customer is our first priority. We would take this feedback for further improvements in our upcoming software launches.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

totte
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Dear Samsung support, 

Any update on this - it has been 5 months now..?

Best Regards

Totte

0 Likes
kapilmalik
Active Level 7
Tablets
hahahaha.... believe me Samsung is using age old technology and they project themselves as a tech company, which essentially they are not!
TinyentePugot
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

whatever happen to this request?

ur2kill
Active Level 3
Tablets
Nothing
0 Likes
Comfunc
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I support this request. We should be able to set the Function keys to default to the Fn value or the Media value.

totte
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Samsung, pleeeease address this issue URGENTLY. It makes no sense whatsoever to not be able to lock the Fn key. It is beyond me how anyone could have come up with the idea that the unknown function of the function keys would be more frequently used than controling volume, playback and brightness!! 

I recently coverted from iOS to Android and one of the reasons was that Apple refuse to have function keys on their keyboards. Now my disappoint is complete - having to press two keys every single time which was also the situation on Apple - arrghhh. 

ShaneH
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Hey there! I noticed you only posted your comment a couple weeks ago, so I hope you see this. I was just as frustrated as you about not being able to remap the function keys, so I worked out a solution. I posted another comment in this thread with full details on how to get it working. Hope it may be able to help you out!

That is one good thing about Android over Apple, you can just about always use creativity to make things work the way you want them too!

Kelesin
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

This is the problem of Samsung, not Android OS. Compare keyboards for Lenovo or Huawei tablets - volume or brightness buttons work perfectly. I am disappointed as well. I used to work or play with Huawei MediaPad M5 with book cover keyboard. No problem at all. I wanted to upgrade the tablet and I have bought galaxy tab s7 plus. Well, the quality of display is realy better, the sound - just a little bit better. And no problems with the keyboard. Even CapsLock button is marked by an illuminated LED when "on".

So "the best Android Tablet - galaxy tab  s7plus" is not so perfect. :(

0 Likes