Original topic:

Need recommendations

(Topic created on: 09-23-2022 04:07 AM)
MrSKhan12
Active Level 6
Options
Tablets
Hello guys, I'm a student and I want a Tablet for note taking which is my prime purpose and some media consumptions like watching video and stuff but I'm really confused
Options I've are 
1. Tab S8 (wifi) I'm getting it for around 45000
2. Tab S7+ (wifi) getting it for 40000
3. I pad Air 4th gen 64GB (wifi only) 36000 + pencil
4. I pad pro 128 gb (Wifi only) not available in stock right now but I saw it for around 60000

I need a tablet that can last upto atleast 5-6 years 
I know i pads are better in longevity but is it ok to go with i pad air 64gb variant i mean for 5-6 years, will 64gb hold up good?? Also for getting i pad pro I'll go literally bankrupt and i won't be able to buy pencil but i need apple pencil for note taking which is my prime purpose 

For samsung I don't think it will last 5-6 years also S8 have TFT display which is not good while S7+ is very old

Please recommend me the best tablet for longevity and note taking out of these ASAP, I need it urgently

8 Comments
dineshdhamun
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hey, if you can consider Xiaomi, Pad 5 is there. Been using this thing for almost an year, and found no drawbacks.

I'm not using a stylus/pencil cause keyboard suffices my need, but they too have a their own, which has a palm rejection attribute.

Updates are slow but the device isn't as it houses an SD860.

MrSKhan12
Active Level 6
Tablets
Can't rely on Xiaomi device for a long term use software wise
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tab s8 is the best choice. I have tab s7 and it's TFT screen is surprisingly good.

If u strictly want amoled screen go for wifi varient of tab s8+ it will cost u around 58k something after card discount and 20k advantages

That's are the options in samsung.

If u don't care about software updates then samsung is good for u.

If u are concern about updates, performance and editing then go for ipad pro 11 inch 128gb wifi as alternative.

As a student tab s8/ s8 plus are more pocket friendly in my opinion
MrSKhan12
Active Level 6
Tablets
Going with S8+
0 Likes
Tablets
If note taking is the purpose don't buy 11 inch (S7 or S8), go for 12.6 Inch size (S8 Plus,S7 Plus, S7 FE).

And brother i must tell you Samsung's TFT is not like just any other TFT Display. Even if you will look S7 FE's Display, It is more than enough.

Now S7 FE is for those whose budget is strictly under 40k.

But looking at your budget, I would advice you to go with S7 Plus. It is not that old as you are thinking, it will get updates till android 14, all the S Series tablets have same UI and features.

Now Apple vs Samsung, If you are into Apple's ecosystem or You have the money to pay premium for Drawing & Notes Apps like (Procreate,Concept,Good Notes etc) go for Ipad. People don't consider this while buying ipad, that apps are not free and they will cost in thousands. Moreover you will have to buy Apple pencil separately.

Although it is not morally correct, but on samsung tablet you can get mod apk of any premium app you want for free. Also you get Samsung Notes, Noteself free with samsung.

And if you own a samung smarphone or Samsung TV, you will love the Samsung Ecoystem, everything is just seamlessly connected. And if you owns a PC or Laptop of any brand then Samsung Flow will be very helpful.

And after recent Android 12L update, mostly all the google apps are now optimized for Tablets.

And about longetivity All the samsung tabs comes with 4 year software update promise, so according to that it will easily last fot 5-6 years. Build quality is top notch. People are still buying S6 lite that was launched 2 years ago.

For more clarification you can watch a youtuber by the name Thao Huynh. According to she is the only one who uses both oersonally and then reviews. Her recent video https://youtu.be/vaufxRtl31o

Also don't even think about going for Xiaomi, Lenevo or Huawei. Tablets are not like smartphones. Software is mostly everything on tablets.

Currently S7 Plus is listed at 43k and it is lowest till date for s7 plus.
https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s7-stylus-6-gb-ram-128-rom-12-4-inch-wi-fi-only-tablet-m...
MrSKhan12
Active Level 6
Tablets
Thank you brother, going with S8+
0 Likes
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Go with Apple
NOOB_1ST_ACC
Expert Level 5
Tablets