Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite - A proof that Samsung has Monopoly and doesn't care.

(Topic created on: 04-16-2020 12:44 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Tablets
Samsung, today, had the audacity to announce the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite amidst the worst software update schedule and quality. The main point is the return of the headphone jack and S-Pen functionality. (Sounds good, isn't it?)

"The best Android tablet available gets a little sibling."

The quote from the above article is proof that Samsung has Monopoly because there is no other Android tablet out there. 

Why I HATE THIS TABLET is because Samsung claimed that it is powered by a "2.3 GHz octa-core processor". We all definitely know what the processor is.

If you're still confused, the processor is the overused and overrated Exynos 9611. The very reason why Samsung doesn't even market the "Exynos" name is because of how lackluster and incompetent the processor is.

Seriously, this processor can barely handle itself on phones and Samsung releases a tablet powered by this. They should be ashamed. It's now a 1 year old processor and Samsung has the audacity to release something new with it while the competition is way ahead.

The article I have linked also talks positively about the tablet. The very reason why Samsung doesn't change. The "community manager" will only post "Stay-at-home challenge" and other nonsense instead of focusing on the vital parts and addressing issues. Samsung must get their S H I T TOGETHER. 
The hell with this "brand". I hope it dies a horrible death.
10 Comments
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tablets
I completely agree with you. I was an avid android tablet user for years, From galaxy tab 2 to Tab S. But when I wanted to upgrade my from Tab S, I don't have, many options. Tab S3 and S4 were too costly for my budget and I settled for iPad 6th gen. Its nightmare to suddenly change from android to ios all of sudden. But iPad os made everything much better now. one thing which stands out is the performance and quality of their updates. it's been around 2 years I'm using the iPad and it never drop sweat and works like a pro. But the major drawback is the screen in the case of the iPad. Nonlaminate LCD looks terrible when compared to Tab S's OLED screen.

Let's address the issue. This tab s6 lite with LCD screen and Exynos 9611 for 350 USD is a joke, Whether you bring back headphone jack or not. It is barely going to handle the full Fletched one UI 2.0. The more interesting thing is it will be priced above 30k in India. The tab S5 E with snapdragon SOC in 350 USD makes much sense to me.

How much I praise the iPad, I can't still deny the punchy contrasty OLED panels made by Samsung. The tab S5E is on my radar and I'm waiting for a major price cut.

Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Tablets
Android Tablets should die. Android for tablets is just zoomed version of normal Android. Most apps looks bloated or huge and pixelated for tablet interface. iPad OS is just soooooo goood. Like THAT'S HOW YOU USE THE INCREASED SCREEN REAL ESTATE. Even most iOS apps are differently optimised for iPad. So, apps look better even though they may be high in storage size.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tablets
I never say that it has to die because of Google pull the plug for tablets. There is still android fans out there who can't stand iOS and needed a large screen media conception device. For the price range of 300 to 400 USD, we don't have a good specced android tablet and Samsung Dex is getting better on each iteration. Moreover, it's not a good idea to spend 1000 USD for a good screen ( iPad pro ) customers with media consumption in mind.

if Samsung polish Dex properly with keyboards cover it cann be the main adversary for iPads
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Samsung take on tablet in my opinion is
best
display
sound
design
etc
that is hardware is on par if not best with iPad
but
software
bugs
keyboards
optimization
is too bad that it could be recommended

on top of it
updates with software
lack of commitment
is what the worst.

iPad lasts long.

that's the biggest reason people will buy it even the features are low for what they pay.
since they could use is longer and no better option available the iPad is worth buying.

There is another but

Microsoft is the one who competes the iPad correctly and well you get a full fledged
os too

i think the real competition for iPad is not Android it's Microsoft....

🙂
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tablets
also i might post the comment is it's okay ?

the title justifies it self

it has Monopoly
so it doesn't need to change .

Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tablets
People are mumbling that we don't have moderators or admins here. But they strategically cover up posts and topics that need attention and escalation. Instead, they will come up with tech influencer shi* and other malarky to entertain the blind devotees.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tablets
obviously they will do that .... they should follow one who pays them directly ✌️👍
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tablets
getting bored in Pandemic.

any solution is appreciated.
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand the inconvenience you have faced in past. We sincerely apologies for the same. Further if you are facing any issue with the device currently. We request you to please follow the below mentioned path and share the same with us so that we can investigate further and give you the best possible solution.  

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes