Original topic:

Secure Folder app clone tedious?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2024 08:01 PM)
sud02
Active Level 1
Options
Secure Folder
Does anyone else find the Secure Folder a bit tedious? So what if I restore apps from an old phone, and post that I need to lock the apps? The Secure Folder app apparently creates a clone app and you have to login/restore the backup of the app again? I did come to know about the flaws of S-Secure, but it's simple feature of the app lock seems more effective than Secure Folder's app lock.
8 Comments
VIN13
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
That is true even I founded it bit tedious.
TechieUS
Active Level 5
Secure Folder
It would be better if there is a choice where to keep the cloned app: in secure folder or outside as normal and option to swap the same. But this also brings security and encryption concerns with it, which is the purpose of secure folder. Therefore it is tedious to start with but provides good security.
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
You can also download that app from Play Store inside Secure Folder, right ? 🤔
And move data from main Storage to Secure Folder. It Should work ig...
sud02
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
For example apps like WhatsApp and Gallery, which generally people specifically lock, when all data is already present during restore, having a new clone fresh app and restore/move data again is what I felt was repetitive.
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Ooo... Yeah that is a one time headache tbh 😅
K_K_Y
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
Bro can you please explain this stuff for me
0 Likes
sud02
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
It's that, just for locking an app, a new cloned version (clean slate) of the app is created. So in my case I transferred stuff via Smart switch from an old phone. Now to lock apps I have to transfer again and restore to these new cloned apps inside Secure Folder
K_K_Y
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
थकाऊ
0 Likes