Active Level 3
Options
Others
Why did you choose Samsung?
13 Comments
TeeA
Active Level 8
Others
Honestly don't have a reason, started with the Samsung Star and haven't looked back since the Galaxy Ace. Sure I've used other brands here and there but it was always Samsung, even with the slowness and bloated TouchWiz. Now we're cruising for the most part 😎
MrMtsenga
Active Level 3
Others
Well, I didn't really have a reason, save for affordability. But having come to know it more and more, I see that I actually love it
TeeA
Active Level 8
Others
What really hooked me was when the S3 came out, that's when my brand loyalty kicked in
MrMtsenga
Active Level 3
Others
I loved the A53, A73, and A13. I wasn't planning for A04e, but I love all four models. I also loved Galaxy since the S3; it was my mom and dad's first smartphone. I think that's what made me trust it.
TeeA
Active Level 8
Others
I convinced my mom to get it as well as my parents were using blackberry but didn't want to leave it because of the physical keyboard. Only got my dad to make the switch years later when bb was officially dying. He didn't want to leave the keyboard for a touchscreen 🤣
MrMtsenga
Active Level 3
Others
🤣🤣 was he CIA? You know, they don't like touchscreens. I get you there. It took more than 7 years for my dad to upgrade his S3; and it took mom— oh well, her S3 died on her and she prefers physical keyboards now. I'm literally the only tech geek at home
TeeA
Active Level 8
Others
😅 Eish, if I remember correctly we convinced him to at least get the bb torch, which was a full touchscreen but had a sliding keyboard 😅 and then finally eased him into Samsung with the S7. Which reminded me another reason why he didn't want to upgrade was also because screen sizes were increasing and he's a fan of small screen sizes. I'm also the only tech geek at home but my mom always tries to get my dad into upgrading 😂
MrMtsenga
Active Level 3
Others
There's something about parents it seems. Screens really grew large it seems. I wonder what would happen if Steve Jobs woke up to find a 6.7" iPhone screen
TeeA
Active Level 8
Others
It's actually crazy to think that 6" is now 'compact'. My dad is using the base s10 now and everytime I look at it, it looks small but that's only because I'm using a 6.8" phone but every time I look at the specs for the phone and it says 6.1" I'm like there's no way this is compact when 5" was the compact we were used to when Samsung was playing around with large screened phones i.e Galaxy Mega 5.8" and 6.3".

Even Apple is being rumoured to discontinue the SE line which the latest one had a 4.7" screen but manufactures in general are slowly starting to discontinue the smaller phones in favour of these large screen sized ones.