Original topic:

Why does Samsung Flow need permission for Location?

(Topic created on: 09-16-2020 12:44 AM)
Rangor
Active Level 2
Options
Others
I am unable to send or receive any file or use pretty much any service from Samsung Flow without turning allowing Location permissions.

Why does it need my location?
0 Likes
3 Comments
Others
Location permission is required to activate Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and to search nearby device to transmit data.
0 Likes
Rangor
Active Level 2
Others
That explains why opening the app automatically connected me to a WiFi even though I had WiFi off.

I also do have location permissions allowed, yet it still asks me for the same permission and wouldn't send.

What I don't understand is why doesn't it only ask for Bluetooth and WiFi permissions without asking for location. Also, since I am already connected to my computer through WiFi (and both apps on both devices do recognise that), why doesn't it just send the files?

Why does it show me error messages and ask me to enable location permission?
0 Likes
Others
Long press on the location icon from the quick panel and you will get the answer for your question. In android, precise location detection and detection of other devices nearby is linked to location option. That's why you need to enable location for Samsung Flow. Not only samsung Flow, if you check apps like Xender, SHAREit or any other data transmitting apps, it will also need location to be enabled innorder to scan, find nearby devices and to transmit data.